Thomson Road Carbon Handlebar
Our carbon fiber road racing handlebar features a mild wing shape on top, clamping area wide enough for aero bars, mid-compact reach and drop. This is the modern road racing handlebar bar for the modern roadbike.
Our road bar wing section is small enough not to restrict hand movement when riding on the top and allows bar angle adjustment with out “locking out” your wrists. Shaping on the bottom side of the wing allows housing to be taped out of the way without the use of narrow housing channels or internal routing, both of which shorten bar life. Certified to EN, tested to DIN+.
- Layup uses 3 different fiber types with different tensile strengths and tensile modulus, including High Strength carbon fiber. This helps allocate stiffness and flex where needed.
- All carbon fiber is produced by Toray and uses tailor made Nano Epoxy Resin for very high impact resistance. Toray is the main supplier of carbon fiber for Boeing and Airbus.
- Both the Road and Cross bar are made in one piece, not three pieces co-molded and glued together.
- Bars are molded over an EPS mandrel to avoid wrinkles inside the layup during molding. Most other bars are molded over inflatable nylon bladders.
- Reach for the Roadbike and Cross bars is the same at 78.5mm. Drop is proportional.
- 1.5K woven impact ends help prevent damage to unidirectional fibers from impact.
- Weight: 195g (40cm), 210g (46cm)
- Clamp: 31.8mm
- Reach: 78.5mm
- Drop: 137mm (40cm), 140mm (42cm), 140mm (44cm), 143mm (46cm).
Buy Thomson Components from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.