STATUS: EX DISPLAY
• Item is new and unused
• Previously on display in our warehouse showroom
• Very minor chips to lever finish
• Excellent condition
***Please note brake includes 185mm mounting bracket with bolts but does NOT include rotor***
Avid Code R Disc Brake
Code’s little brother just got tougher. With an all new, forged dual-diameter, four-piston caliper, Code R offers increased power without compromising control or feel. With a simplified design to make it a little easier on the wallet, Code R maintains the Code family values of reliability, strength and ridiculously easy serviceability. Now featuring the fade-free braking of TaperBore Technology and the sleek yet oh-so-powerful integrated reservoir on top of Avid’s proven Power Reserve Geometry™, the Code R will make you think before you call this brake anyone’s “little” brother.
Avid Code R Disc Brake Specifications:
• Weight:395 grams
• Lever Material: AluminIum Lever, 3-cartridge Bearing lever pivot
• Caliper Design: 4-Piston, Dual-Diameter, Forged 2-piece
• Finish: Graphite Grey, Lever: AluminIum
• Pad: Organic, Top Loading
• Fluid: DOT 5.1
• Mount: Ambidextrous
• Adjustment: Tool-Free Reach Adjustment, Adjustable Banjo, Tri-Align Caliper Positioning
Avid Code R Disc Brake Technologies:
• Bend Zone:We know that crashes happen, and that’s why we created Bend Zone. During a powerful hit—one that would break a normal lever—Bend Zone allows the lever to flex, saving the lever body from massive carnage. Not only will you be able to ride out of the woods without resorting to Flintstone-style braking, you won’t even have to get a new lever body.
• Deep Stroke Modulation™: There’s a fine line between braking hard and braking so hard that you lose traction. Deep Stroke Modulation allows riders to perfectly navigate that line and control even the most powerful brakes with finesse.
• DOT 5.1: Heat is an enemy of any brake system, so advancements in heat management, mean advancements in your ride. You see, we found that in our systems DOT 5.1 takes almost 3 times longer to boil than DOT 4, thus allowing flawless fade-free performance in even more extreme conditions.
• Intergrated Reservoir: With TaperBore Technology™ we’ve integrated the reservoir and master cylinder on our hydraulic disc-brake levers to create a super-sleek (and even lighter) lever design.
• Power Reserve Geometry: At the end of the day, a brake lever simply multiples the force your hand generates (just like the nut cracker). Avid’s Power Reserve Geometry™represents a way of thinking about the physics of leverage and your hand’s comfort. This philosophy is fundamentally different than others in the business of brakes. Due to pivot placement, physics dictates that with other brake levers your fingers tend to slip off the ends as you pull. Avid is different. We designed our levers with the pivot closer to the handlebar, in fact, closer than anyone else in the industry. The resulting lever movement has less inward travel, an arc that’s closer to your fingers’ natural motion and delivers more force to the brake. The cool part is, every Avid lever has it.
• TaperBore Technology™:The term “TaperBore” refers to a unique patent-pending closure system in our Elixir and Code levers. It saves weight, looks super-sleek, improves lever feedback and most importantly–gives you more power and control.
• Top-loading Pads: When the only thing between you and the trail is bike maintenance, every second matters. With our top-loading pads, new disc-brake pads can be installed without taking off the wheel, working under the caliper or doing any upside-down pad juggling, so you’ll be ready to ride much quicker.
• Tri-Align™ Caliper Positioning System™: Another original Avid technology making your life better—there’s never been an easier brake to install and adjust. With Avid’s Tri-Align™Caliper Positioning System™, aligning the caliper to the rotor literally takes seconds. Just loosen the CPS™ bolts a little, and then squeeze the brake lever while re-tightening the bolts. Perfect caliper alignment—just like that.
If you're not completely satisfied with an item you may return it within 12 months of purchase. We'll give you a full refund if the item hasn't been used or fitted.More information on returns