• Item was fitted to a CRC magazine photo shot bike
• Shows overall minor superficial signs of use
• Superficial scratching to finish of calliper & master cylinder
• May show signs of handling & storage
*** Please note rotor size is stated in the options above ***
Avid Elixir 5 Disc Brake - Black 2013
WHEN THE FUTURE IS UNKNOWN, GOOD BRAKES ARE PRICELESS.
At Avid, we believe in Trickle-Down Brakenomics. Elixir 5 offers the premium ride quality found in higher-end Elixirs in a simpler and more affordable package. With features like our modulation-enhancing TaperBore Technology, powerful two-piece caliper design and easy access tooled reach adjust, this brake doesn’t skimp out.
Avid Elixir 5 Disc Brake Specifications :
• Weight- 392 grams (160mm rotor; front post mount)
• Lever Material - Aluminum, , Aluminum Body
• Caliper Design- 2 Piston, Forged 2-piece Aluminum (Post Mount)
• Pad- Organic, Top Loading
• Fluid- DOT 5.1
• Mount- Ambidextrous
• Adjustment- Reach Adjustment, Tri-Align Caliper Positioning,
• Special Features- TaperBore Technology, MatchMaker Compatible, Split Clamp
Avid Elixir 5 Disc Brake Features :
• MatchMaker Compatible - Save weight and clutter on the bar with MatchMaker. This system holds AVID® levers, a number of SRAM triggers and the RockShox PushLoc control—all with one tidy, light clamp.
• Tri-Align™ Caliper Positioning System™ - Another original Avid technology making your life better—there’s never been an easier brake to install and adjust. With Avid’s Tri-Align™Caliper Positioning System™, aligning the caliper to the rotor literally takes seconds. Just loosen the CPS™ bolts a little, and then squeeze the brake lever while re-tightening the bolts. Perfect caliper alignment—just like that.
• Top-loading Pads - When the only thing between you and the trail is bike maintenance, every second matters. With our top-loading pads, new disc-brake pads can be installed without taking off the wheel, working under the caliper or doing any upside-down pad juggling, so you’ll be ready to ride much quicker.
• TaperBore Technology™ - The term “TaperBore” refers to a unique patent-pending closure system in our Elixir and Code levers. It saves weight, looks super-sleek, improves lever feedback and most importantly–gives you more power and control.
• Reach Adjust - When one finger has the power to control your ride, adjusting the levers to perfectly match your unique hands is seriously important—that’s why we put Reach Adjust on all of our levers.
• Deep Stroke Modulation™ - There’s a fine line between braking hard and braking so hard that you lose traction. Deep Stroke Modulation allows riders to perfectly navigate that line and control even the most powerful brakes with finesse.