• Item was fitted to a CRC magazine photo shoot bike
• Shows signs of minimal use & fitting
• Damage to outer plastic cover on hose
• Brake is in overall excellent condition
***Comes complete with 160mm rotor, Does not include rotor bolts or additional mount***
Avid Elixir 5 Disc Brake
*** Please note rotor may not be Avid branded ***
When the future is unknown, good brakes are priceless. Elixir 5 offers the same ride quality as higher-end Elixirs, in a simpler package. With features like our modulation-enhancing TaperBore Technology, powerful two-piece calliper design and easy access tooled reach adjust; this brake offers the best power and control in its class. When what’s around the bend remains to be seen, the Elixir 5 is like having a handlebar-mounted Miss Cleo
Avid Elixir 5 Disc Brake
• Weight: 392 grams (*160mm rotor; front post mount)
• Lever Material: Tungsten Grey Aluminium, Aluminium Body
• Calliper Design: 2 Piston, Forged 2-piece Aluminium
• Pad: Sintered, Top Loading
• Fluid: DOT 5.1
• Mount: Ambidextrous
• Adjustment: Reach Adjustment, Tri-Align Calliper Positioning,
• Special Features: TaperBore Technology, Matchmaker Clamp.
• Technology: Taperbore Technology, Deep Stroke Modulation, Power Reserve Geometry™, Dtri-Align™ Calliper Positioning System™, Integrated Reservoir, Dot 5.1, Reach Adjust, Top-Loading Pads, Matchmaker Compatible
Avid Elixir 5 Disc Brake - White - NO ROTOR 2010 Technologies:
• Reach Adjust: When one finger has the power to control your ride, adjusting the levers to perfectly match your unique hands is seriously important—that’s why we put Reach Adjust on all of our levers.
• Deep Stroke Modulation™: There’s a fine line between braking hard and braking so hard that you lose traction. Deep Stroke Modulation allows riders to perfectly navigate that line and control even the most powerful brakes with finesse.
• DOT 5.1: Heat is an enemy of any brake system, so advancements in heat management, mean advancements in your ride. You see, we found that in our systems DOT 5.1 takes almost 3 times longer to boil than DOT 4, thus allowing flawless fade-free performance in even more extreme conditions.
• Intergrated Reservoir: With TaperBore Technology™ we’ve integrated the reservoir and master cylinder on our hydraulic disc-brake levers to create a super-sleek (and even lighter) lever design.
• Avid Matchmaker Shifter & Brake Lever Mounting Bracket: The shifter and brake lever are so close together; why can’t they share the same mounting bracket? Hey, there’s an idea! Introducing the AvidMatchmaker. Now you can save weight and clutter on the bar with one clamp that holds Avid levers and SRAM triggers. Definitely a post-graduate course in finishing touches for your rig.
• Power Reserve Geometry: At the end of the day, a brake lever simply multiples the force your hand generates (just like the nut cracker). Avid’s Power Reserve Geometry™represents a way of thinking about the physics of leverage and your hand’s comfort. This philosophy is fundamentally different than others in the business of brakes. Due to pivot placement, physics dictates that with other brake levers your fingers tend to slip off the ends as you pull. Avid is different. We designed our levers with the pivot closer to the handlebar, in fact, closer than anyone else in the industry. The resulting lever movement has less inward travel, an arc that’s closer to your fingers’ natural motion and delivers more force to the brake. The cool part is, every Avid lever has it.
• Top-loading Pads: When the only thing between you and the trail is bike maintenance, every second matters. With our top-loading pads, new disc-brake pads can be installed without taking off the wheel, working under the calliper or doing any upside-down pad juggling, so you’ll be ready to ride much quicker.
• Tri-Align™ Calliper Positioning System™: Another original Avid technology making your life better—there’s never been an easier brake to install and adjust. With Avid’s Tri-Align™Caliper Positioning System™, aligning the calliper to the rotor literally takes seconds. Just loosen the CPS™ bolts a little, and then squeeze the brake lever while re-tightening the bolts. Perfect calliper alignment—just like that.