Shows superficial signs of use, minor dirt markings
Shows minor superficial paint chips to lever assembly & calliper
May show signs of handling & storage
Fully inspected prior to sale
Avid Elixir 7 Disc Brake
Skimping on features just isn’t our style. That’s why Elixir 7 combines the proven precision and feel of the Elixir line, bringing to the table many of the features found in Elixir 9, including next-generation TaperBore technology, HS1 rotors, and a revamped port system that makes Elixir 7 a snap to bleed.
Special Features: TaperBore Technology, Matchmaker Compatible, Split Clamp
Deep Stroke Modulation™: There’s a fine line between braking hard and braking so hard that you lose traction. Deep Stroke Modulation allows riders to perfectly navigate that line and control even the most powerful brakes with finesse.
• DOT 5.1: Heat is an enemy of any brake system, so advancements in heat management mean advancements in your ride. You see, we found that in our systems DOT 5.1 takes almost 3 times longer to boil than DOT 4, thus allowing flawless fade-free performance in even more extreme conditions.
• Intergrated Reservoir: With TaperBore Technology™ we’ve integrated the reservoir and master cylinder on our hydraulic disc-brake levers to create a super-sleek (and even lighter) lever design.
• MatchMaker Compatible: Save weight and clutter on the bar with MatchMaker. This system holds AVID® levers, a number of SRAM triggers and the RockShox PushLoc control—all with one tidy, light clamp.
• Power Reserve Geometry: At the end of the day, a brake lever simply multiples the force your hand generates (just like the nut cracker). Avid’s Power Reserve Geometry™ represents a way of thinking about the physics of leverage and your hand’s comfort. This philosophy is fundamentally different than others in the business of brakes. Due to pivot placement, physics dictates that with other brake levers your fingers tend to slip off the ends as you pull. Avid is different. We designed our levers with the pivot closer to the handlebar, in fact, closer than anyone else in the industry. The resulting lever movement has less inward travel, an arc that’s closer to your fingers’ natural motion and delivers more force to the brake. The cool part is, every Avid lever has it.
• TaperBore Technology™: The term “TaperBore” refers to a unique patent-pending closure system in our Elixir and Code levers. It saves weight, looks super-sleek, improves lever feedback and most importantly–gives you more power and control
• Tool-Free Reach Adjust : All the adjustability of our Reach Adjust without having to dig into your tools. Bring your levers in or dial them out—a few turns are all it takes with Tool-Free Reach Adjust.
• Top-loading Pads: When the only thing between you and the trail is bike maintenance, every second matters. With our top-loading pads, new disc-brake pads can be installed without taking off the wheel, working under the caliper or doing any upside-down pad juggling, so you’ll be ready to ride much quicker
• Tri-Align™ Caliper Positioning System™: Another original Avid technology making your life better—there’s never been an easier brake to install and adjust. With Avid’s Tri-Align™Caliper Positioning System™, aligning the caliper to the rotor literally takes seconds
Was this helpful?helpful0unhelpful0http://answers.chainreactioncycles.com/answers/5230-en_gb/product/prod114789/question/1132370/undohelpfulness.djs?format=embeddedhtml&sessionparams=__BVSESSIONPARAMS__&return=__RETURN__&innerreturn=http%3A%2F%2Fanswers.chainreactioncycles.com%2Fanswers%2F5230-en_gb%2Fproduct%2Fprod114789%2Fquestions.djs%3Fformat%3Dembeddedhtml%26scrolltotop%3Dtrue%26expandquestion%3D1132370&user=__USERID__&authsourcetype=__AUTHTYPE__&submissionparams=__BVSUBMISSIONPARAMETERS__&submissionurl=__BVSUBMISSIONURL__