The pinnacle of Aerodynamic clothing technology and design come together to form the Body Paint 2.0 Short, Castelli's fastest and most comfortable racing short.
Body Paint 2.0 - Body paint is Castelli's fastest and most comfortable technology. The range is designed to feel as if you're not wearing anything at all, this impressive technical feat is achieved in the details; Integrated grippers with no seams to chafe the skin and no elastic band to compress and cut off your circulation
The Minimal flatlock stitching used through-out is specially engineered to feel like there is nothing against the skin. Body Paint 2.0 adds new technologies to further improve performance and enhance comfort:
1. Aero Dimples: it’s impossible to maintain laminar airflow over your moving leg, so Castelli engineered dimples right into the fabric to induce flow separation and reduce aerodynamic drag. The structure is knit right into the fabric, so there’s nothing to chafe or wear out.
2. Giro2 Waist: A single strip of Giro2 fabric makes up the waist. Giro2 is very soft and stretchy and eliminates the Lycra® trim that cuts into your waist.
Progetto X2 Air Seatpad - Maximum technology for supreme comfort; Castelli have added perforations to the foam to help keep you cooler and dryer. Air flows right into the surface fabric to aid evaporation. The shape of the pad has received minor updates based on pro feedback. The Progetto X2 Air seatpad is constructed in 3 layer components, each dedicated to a specific purpose to create the most comfortable seat pad on the planet.
1. Skin care layer: - A four-way stratch, microdenier, seamless, bacteriostatic layer made to adapt to the shape of your body and saddle without any folds in the fabric.
2. Seamless integrated technology cushioning layer: - Multi-density foam with infinitely variable thickness. The thickness of the pad is engineered to place the padding where you need it most for maximum comfort.
3. Viscous comfort inserts: - Perforated viscous padding is added under the highly sensitive ishial and perineum pressure areas.
Castelli Progetto X2 Body Paint Womens Short Features:
Body paint engineered knit fabric integrates most components into a single piece of seamless fabric
Variable knit structure in body paint 2.0 for improved aerodynamics and moisture management
The most comfortable and aerodynamic short
Giro2 and waist band
Progetto x2 air seat pad for famous x2 comfort and
Improved air flow
Sublimation-printed leg ending
About Lycra Cycling Shorts
Cycle shorts offer unrestricted movement on the bike with the added benefit of a chamois for comfort. They are the traditional cycling leg wear for any distance rider. Lycra shorts hold their internal pad in the ideal position throughout the ride, offering comfort and cushioning for both on and off road riding. Lycra shorts stretch with your body so there are no seams to rub you up the wrong way or restrict your pedalling motion. They are lightweight in material and since there is only one layer of thin fabric, they breathe well and keep you cool on hot days, or can be used under a pair of winter tights. Higher end models will have more panels and will generally fit better, a good pair of shorts is essential for longer rides and combined with a chamois crème make a wise investment.
About the Castelli brand
Castelli proudly produce high performance cycling apparel. Since 1876, they've been the tailor for the champions. It was their innovative mindset which brought the earliest heroes & legends like Binda, Coppi and Bartali. Castelli cycle clothing became legendary too inventing the skinsuit, the silk jersey, pockets on jerseys, and the first LYCRA® short used in professional racing.
Size Guide For Castelli Women's Clothing
Castelli clothing has a race cut and may be tight on some physiques, so you may need to order the next size up.
Buy Castelli Progetto X2 Body Paint Womens Short from Chain Reaction Cycles, the worlds largest online bicycle store.