Our fastest and most comfortable short is now even better. We’ve further developed the engineered knit construction made famous in the original BodyPaint, adding aero dimples on the leg, mesh at the back, and integrating an improved leg gripper system. The Progetto X2 Air chamois has been improved too with more ventilation, faster drying and an updated profile as developed with Team Garmin-Cervélo.
1. Aero Dimples: it’s impossible to maintain laminar airflow over your moving leg, so Castelli engineered dimples right into the fabric to induce flow separation and reduce aerodynamic drag. The structure is knit right into the fabric, so there’s nothing to chafe or wear out.
2. Giro2 Waist: A single strip of Giro2 fabric makes up the waist. Giro2 is very soft and stretchy and eliminates the Lycra® trim that cuts into your waist.
Progetto X2 Air Seatpad - Maximum technology for supreme comfort; Castelli have added perforations to the foam to help keep you cooler and dryer. Air flows right into the surface fabric to aid evaporation. The shape of the pad has received minor updates based on pro feedback. The Progetto X2 Air seatpad is constructed in 3 layer components, each dedicated to a specific purpose to create the most comfortable seat pad on the planet.
1. Skin care layer: - A four-way stratch, microdenier, seamless, bacteriostatic layer made to adapt to the shape of your body and saddle without any folds in the fabric.
2. Seamless integrated technology cushioning layer: - Multi-density foam with infinitely variable thickness. The thickness of the pad is engineered to place the padding where you need it most for maximum comfort.
3. Viscous comfort inserts: - Perforated viscous padding is added under the highly sensitive ishial and perineum pressure areas.
Castelli Progetto X2 Bodypaint Womens Bibshort Features:
Bodypaint engineered knit fabric integrates most
Components into a single piece of seamless fabric
Variable knit structure in bodypaint 2.0 for improved
Aerodynamics and moisture management
Our most comfortable and aerodynamic short
Giro2 bibs and waist band
Progetto x2 air seat pad for famous x2 comfort and improved air flow
Sublimation-printed leg ending
About Lycra Cycling Shorts
Cycle shorts offer unrestricted movement on the bike with the added benefit of a chamois for comfort. They are the traditional cycling leg wear for any distance rider. Lycra shorts hold their internal pad in the ideal position throughout the ride, offering comfort and cushioning for both on and off road riding. Lycra shorts stretch with your body so there are no seams to rub you up the wrong way or restrict your pedalling motion. They are lightweight in material and since there is only one layer of thin fabric, they breathe well and keep you cool on hot days, or can be used under a pair of winter tights. Higher end models will have more panels and will generally fit better, a good pair of shorts is essential for longer rides and combined with a chamois crème make a wise investment.
About the Castelli brand
Castelli proudly produce high performance cycling apparel. Since 1876, they've been the tailor for the champions. It was their innovative mindset which brought the earliest heroes & legends like Binda, Coppi and Bartali. Castelli cycle clothing became legendary too inventing the skinsuit, the silk jersey, pockets on jerseys, and the first LYCRA® short used in professional racing.
Size Guide For Castelli Women's Clothing
Castelli clothing has a race cut and may be tight on some physiques, so you may need to order the next size up.
Buy Castelli Progetto X2 Bodypaint Womens Bibshort from Chain Reaction Cycles, the worlds largest online bicycle store.