Cube Acid 29" Hardtail Mountain Bike
Acids can dissolve certain materials easily. Why call a bike Acid? We've got our reasons. Simply put, our Acid hardtail dissolves tricky trail sections quicker than you'd think. With its high quality frame, neutral handling and performance-orientated features, it leaves nothing to be desired.
Frame building technologies are evolving constantly. The Acid's 6061 aluminium frame with mechanically formed top and down tubes, interior cable routing and tidy details like the rear disc mount put it right at the cutting edge. Reworked Agile Ride Geometry gives the Acid the kind of balanced-but-lively handling that means you can go full throttle. The frame is disc-specific and features our very durable, multi-layer wet paint finish.
Manitou's functionally superb M30 air suspension fork with 100mm travel and bar-mounted lockout lends the Acid a touch of exclusivity. It's also particularly light thanks to its aluminium steerer - a feature rarely seen at this price. The 3x10 Shimano Deore transmission with compact crank (40x30x22) and direct mount XT derailleur delivers crisp, accurate shifts even under load. Hydraulic Shimano BR-M615 disc brakes with Servo-Wave Technology bring the Acid to a halt reliably, while the 180mm front rotor is perfect for longer descents. And the CUBE cockpit incorporates Shimano I-Spec, ensuring optimal integration of gear and brake components.
- Frame: Aluminium Lite, AMF, Internal Cable Routing, Easy Mount Kickstand Ready
- Forks: Manitou M30 Air, Remote Lockout, 100mm
- Chainset: Shimano Deore FC-M612, 40x30x22T, 175mm
- Brake/Shift Levers: Shimano Deore SL-M610-I, direct attach
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore FD-M611 Downswing, 31.8mm
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT, RD-M781-DSGSL, Shadow, Direct Mount, 10-Speed
- Cassette: Shimano CS-HG50, 11-36
- Chain: Shimano CN-HG54
- Rims: CUBE ZX24
- Front Hub: Shimano SLX Disc HB-M675 Centrelock
- Rear Hub: Shimano SLX Disc FH-M675 Centrelock
- Tyres: Schwalbe Smart Sam, Active, 2.25"
- Front Brake: Shimano Deore BR-M615, Hydr. Disc Brake 180
- Rear Brake: Shimano Deore BR-M615, Hydr. Disc Brake 160
- Handlebars: Rise Trail Bar 700mm/15mm 9°
- Grips: CUBE Performance Grip
- Headset: FSA No.10, Semi-Integrated
- Stem: CUBE Performance Stem 6°
- Saddle: CUBE Active 1.1
- Seatpost: CUBE Performance Post, 27.2mm
- Seatclamp: CUBE Varioclose, 31.8mm
- Pedals: CUBE PP MTB
- Advanced Mechanical Forming: With their Advanced Mechanical Forming technology Cube can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimize them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable the manufacture of lighter and also stiffer aluminium frames.
- Agile Ride Geometry: Cube ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in their series of big wheel bikes. Three important details resulted. Increased fork offsets allows for the same trail as Cube's 26in bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. A patented construction to mount the front derailleur gives more tyre clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least the BB height remains the same as on their 26in bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5.
- Aluminium Lite: 6061 aluminium alloy requires a heat treatment for the finished product. It is a stiff, very corrosion resistant, fatigue resistant, high-elongation material suitable for light tubesets with high stiffness.
- Easy Mount Kickstand: The Easy Mount Kick Stand is a new system developed and designed by CUBE. The base of the stand is mounted from below to a fitting plate integrated to the frame and fixed with a through bolt. This kick stand is extremely stiff and solid through the enlarged contact areas between base and frame which gives a stable stand even with loaded panniers.
- Frame Safe System: To protect their high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Save System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
- Integrated Cable Routing: Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Wet Paint Surface: On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. Cube use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
Buy Cube Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.