Cube Aim SL 27.5" Hardtail Mountain Bike
The Aim SL is perfect for an evening ride on your favourite trail - but it's so much more than that. The range-topping Aim has a high quality, light aluminium chassis with exclusive details and outstanding handling - the perfect foundation for riders who demand performance right from the trailhead.
This bike is both light and strong thanks to a high quality 6061 aluminium tube set with complex profile, mechanically formed top and down tubes. Outstandingly well thought out details include the integrated IS disc mount between seat and chainstays, while eyeleted dropouts also make the Aim SL suitable for daily use. The widely admired Agile Ride Geometry adds yet another reason to choose this bike: uniquely balanced handling that combines liveliness with comfort.
The 100mm travel Suntour XCM-RL suspension fork features a lockout option. Combined with Shimano's powerful BR-M355 hydraulic disc brakes, it allows difficult trails to be mastered safely and in complete control. Schwalbe Smart Sam tyres rolling on strong, made-in-Germany CUBE Schürmann SX24 rims transfer power to the trail via Shimano's 24 speed transmission. Level 9 finishing components keep the Aim SL under control, while the CUBE Active 1.1 saddle keeps you comfortable on longer rides.
- Frame: Aluminium Lite, AMF, Internal Cable Routing, Easy Mount Kickstand Ready
- Forks: SR Suntour XCM RL Disc, Remote Lockout, 100mm
- Chainset: Shimano Tourney FC-TX801, 42x32x22T, 170mm
- Shift Levers: Shimano Altus SL-M310, Rapidfire-Plus
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Altus FD-M313-M6, Downswing, 31.8mm Clamp
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Acera RD-M360, 8-Speed
- Cassette: Shimano CS-HG200, 12-32
- Chain: KMC Z51
- Rims: CUBE SX24
- Front Hub: Shimano HB-TX505, QR
- Rear Hub: Shimano FH-TX505, QR
- Tyres: Schwalbe Smart Sam, Active, 2.1"
- Front Brake: Shimano BR-M355, Hydr. Disc Brake 160
- Rear Brake: Shimano BR-M355, Hydr. Disc Brake 160
- Handlebars: Level 9 Riser Bar, 660mm
- Grips: CUBE Performance Grip
- Headset: FSA No.10, Semi-Integrated
- Stem: Level 9, 31.8mm
- Saddle: CUBE Active 1.0
- Seatpost: Level 9 Post, 27.2mm
- Seatclamp: CUBE Varioclose, 31.8mm
- Pedals: CUBE PP MTB
- Advanced Mechanical Forming: With their Advanced Mechanical Forming technology Cube can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimize them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable the manufacture of lighter and also stiffer aluminium frames.
- Agile Ride Geometry: Cube ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in their series of big wheel bikes. Three important details resulted. Increased fork offsets allows for the same trail as Cube's 26in bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. A patented construction to mount the front derailleur gives more tyre clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least the BB height remains the same as on their 26in bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a Cube 29er or 27.5.
- Aluminium Lite: 6061 aluminium alloy requires a heat treatment for the finished product. It is a stiff, very corrosion resistant, fatigue resistant, high-elongation material suitable for light tubesets with high stiffness.
- Easy Mount Kickstand: The Easy Mount Kick Stand is a new system developed and designed by Cube. The base of the stand is mounted from below to a fitting plate integrated to the frame and fixed with a through bolt. This kick stand is extremely stiff and solid through the enlarged contact areas between base and frame which gives a stable stand even with loaded panniers.
- Frame Safe System: To protect their high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the Cube Frame Save System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
- Integrated Cable Routing: Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Wet Paint Surface: On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. Cube use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
Buy Cube Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.