Cube Attain Pro Disc Road Bike
Comfort and lively handling are the characteristics of the Cube Attain Pro Disc. Cube has designed this race bike so that you don't need to be a pro to get the best from it although it reckons any pro would immediately feel at home. Everything from epic rides to short, fast blasts are there for the taking and every mile will be a pleasure.
The Attain Pro features an aluminium superlite frame and its tubes are carefully joined using Cube's smooth welding technique. The rear end is superbly comfortable because it has incorporated more vertical flex to reduce road shocks and avoid transmitting them directly to the rider. It has also carefully chosen a shock-absorbing carbon fork which, just like the frame, has clearance for up to 28mm wide tyres. The tapered headtube and PressFit bottom bracket are connected by the stiff, complex profile, oversized downtube. This significantly increases stiffness, steering precision and drivetrain efficiency meaning more speed. Internal cable routing is another neat touch that's rare at this price.
The Attain Pro stakes its claim as a peerless fitness and training bike by cutting no corners in its specification. Shimano's Sora groupset has 18 gears and guarantees precise gear changes and long-term performance. The compact chainset features 50 and 34 tooth chainrings that drive the rear wheel via an 11-32t cassette. High quality Cube RA 0.8 Aero Disc wheels shod with Continental Ultra Sport 2 racing tyres deliver high levels of grip and low rolling resistance.
- Frame: Aluminium 6061 T6 superlite, Road comfort geometry, fender option, X12
- Fork: Cube CSL Race Disc, one piece 3D-forged steerer/crown, carbon blades, 1 1/8" to 1 1/4" tapered, flat mount, 100mm X12
- Headset: Top: Zero-stack 1 1/8" (OD 44mm); Bottom: Integrated 1 1/4"
- Stem: Cube Performance Stem Pro, 31.8mm
- Handlebar: Cube Compact Race Bar
- Handlebar Tape: Cube Grip Control
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Sora RD-R3000-SS, 9-speed
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Sora FD-R3000-BM, 31.8mm clamp
- Shift/Brake Levers: Shimano Sora ST-R3000
- Brakes: Tektro Spyre MD-C610C, flat mount (160/160mm)
- Crankset: Shimano Sora FC-R3000, 9-speed, 50x34t
- Cassette: Shimano CS-HG400, 11-32t
- Chain: KMC X9
- Wheelset: Cube RA 0.8 Aero Disc, 100x12mm / 142x12mm, 6-bolt
- Tyres: Conti Ultra Sport 2, 25-622
- Saddle: Cube RP 1.0
- Seatpost: Cube Performance Post, 27.2mm
- Seatclamp: Cube Screwlock, 31.8mm
- Weight: 10.2 kg
- Adaptable X12 Hanger: Cube optimised its new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted. It can now fit the longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness is therefore improved. With the new design it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.
- Advanced Mechanical Forming: With its Advanced Mechanical Forming technology Cube can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimise them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along with the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable Cube to manufacture lighter and also stiffer aluminium frames.
- Aluminium Superlite: Extremely high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is a very stiff fatigue and corrosion resistant material that has high elongation. Cube's Superlite tubes are double-butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Integrated Cable Routing: Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Press Fit BB: With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows Cube to build a wider downtube and more broadly spaced chainstays. Every millimetre of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Smooth Welding: This elaborate procedure with doubled weld seams has two advantages: On the one hand, it improves the firmness of the weld seams and minimises the load peaks on the tube welds through energy flow and on the other hand, it helps the frame have a better and more organic look due to the smooth and hardly noticeable welds.
- Tapered Headtube: This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the headtube. On all of the Cube carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Wet Paint Surface: On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. Cube uses this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- X12 Through Axle: In this system, a cone is used to form a play-free connection. It is only necessary to tighten the axle from one side. An insert in the right-hand dropout that is secured by a bolt sets the position of the rear wheel. The main advantages of the Syntace system are quick and simple changing of the wheel, reliable position of the brake disc and higher stiffness of the rear of the bike. This allows the assembly to be made lighter than a conventional through-axle.
Buy Cube Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.