Cube Attention 27.5" Hardtail Mountain Bike
Attention all riders! This is the Attention - a bike that deserves to be heaped with praise. Building on the Advanced Mechanically Formed frame, performance-orientated components with 30 gears give riders a hardtail that's capable of tackling anything from long trail rides to shorter, all-out blasts.
The high quality 6061 aluminium frame - with mechanically formed top and down tubes and internal cable routing - is a perfect example of state-of-the-art bike frame technology. Details like the integrated rear disc mount and cleverly crafted head tube area leave no doubt that this is a serious bike. With its proprietary Agile Ride Geometry, the Attention offers the perfect combination of stability and agility, irrespective of how it's ridden. The ride position is designed to blend performance and comfort.
The Attention comes with the phenomenal gear range afforded by a 3x10 setup. You're guaranteed a perfect shift every time from the Shimano transmission, which is made up of both Deore and XT components (including Direct Mount XT rear derailleur) and the FC M523 compact crank (40/30/22). Basically, the Attention is perfect for just about any riding scenario. The hydraulic Shimano BR M355 disc brakes always provide ample stopping power. The RockShox XC30 suspension fork with handlebar-mounted lockout and 100mm travel tames any rooty or rocky trail.
- Frame: Aluminium Lite, AMF, Internal Cable Routing, Easy Mount Kickstand Ready
- Forks: RockShox XC 30 TK Coil, 100mm, Remote Lockout
- Chainset: Shimano FC-M523, 40x30x22T, 175mm
- Brake/Shift Levers: Shimano Deore SL-M610, Rapidfire-Plus
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore FD-M611 Downswing, 31.8mm
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT, RD-M781-DSGSL, Shadow, Direct Mount, 10-Speed
- Cassette: Shimano CS-HG50, 11-36
- Chain: Shimano CN-HG54
- Rims: Cube ZX24
- Front Hub: Shimano HB-M3000
- Rear Hub: Shimano FH-M3000
- Tyres: Schwalbe Smart Sam, Active, 2.25"
- Front Brake: Shimano BR-M355, Hydr. Disc Brake 160
- Rear Brake: Shimano BR-M355, Hydr. Disc Brake 160
- Handlebars: Cube Rise Trail Bar, 700mm
- Grips: Cube Performance Grip
- Headset: FSA No.10, Semi-Integrated
- Stem: Cube Performance Stem, 31.8mm
- Saddle: Cube Active 1.1
- Seatpost: Cube Performance Post, 27.2mm
- Seatclamp: Cube Varioclose, 31.8mm
- Pedals: Cube PP MTB
- Advanced Mechanical Forming: With their Advanced Mechanical Forming technology Cube can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimize them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable the manufacture of lighter and also stiffer aluminium frames.
- Agile Ride Geometry: Cube ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in their series of big wheel bikes. Three important details resulted. Increased fork offsets allows for the same trail as Cube's 26in bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. A patented construction to mount the front derailleur gives more tyre clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least the BB height remains the same as on their 26in bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a Cube 29er or 27.5.
- Aluminium Lite: 6061 aluminium alloy requires a heat treatment for the finished product. It is a stiff, very corrosion resistant, fatigue resistant, high-elongation material suitable for light tubesets with high stiffness.
- Easy Mount Kickstand: The Easy Mount Kick Stand is a new system developed and designed by Cube. The base of the stand is mounted from below to a fitting plate integrated to the frame and fixed with a through bolt. This kick stand is extremely stiff and solid through the enlarged contact areas between base and frame which gives a stable stand even with loaded panniers.
- Frame Safe System: To protect their high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the Cube Frame Save System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
- Integrated Cable Routing: Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Wet Paint Surface: On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. Cube use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
Buy Cube Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.