Cube Axial WLS GTC Pro Ladies' Road Bike
The Axial WLS GTC Pro is a fantastically high performance race machine designed for riders who demand the best, whether tackling longer distance sportives or the cut and thrust of a real Road race. The high performance package of a carbon frame, full Shimano 105 groupset and Mavic Aksium Elite wheels guarantee the Axial WLS GTC Pro's rider countless fast, responsive Road miles.
As the little sister of our range-topping road frame, the GTC carbon is packed with real high tech features. Oversized main frame tubes with extra large cross-sections in the headtube area maximise torsional rigidity and steering precision, while slim seatstays and the carbon aero CL fork ensure that it remains comfortable. Cube can precisely control frame strength via the Twin Mould technique, optimising stiffness and compliance as needed. The geometry creates a stretched, high performance ride position for maximum efficiency and lively, exciting handling.
This high-end frame deserves something special. That's why Cube has chosen a full Shimano 105 groupset including a compact crankset (50/34t), 11-32t comfort cassette and matching brakes, creating a performance gear and brake package with maximum versatility and peerless reliability. The Mavic Aksium Elite wheelset offers superb acceleration and a very low weight. In order to ensure high steering precision with excellent vibration damping qualities, Cube opted for its CL Race carbon fork, and finished this high performance women's race bike with Cube cockpit components for the ultimate in comfort and control.
- Frame: GTC monocoque Twin Mould technology, road comfort geometry
- Fork: Cube CSL Race, one-piece 3D forged steerer/crown, carbon blades, 1 1/8" - 1 1/4" tapered
- Headset: FSA I-t Integrated; Top: 1 1/8"; Bottom: 1 1/4"
- Stem: Cube Performance Stem Pro, 31.8mm
- Handlebar: Cube Wing Race Bar Compact
- Handlebar Tape: Cube Grip Control
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105 RD-5800GS, 11-speed
- Front Derailleur: Shimano 105 FD-5800, 31.8mm clamp
- Shift/Brake Levers: Shimano 105 ST-5800
- Brakes: Shimano 105 BR-5800
- Crankset: Shimano 105 FC-5800, 50x34t
- Cassette: Shimano 105 CS-5800, 11-32t
- Chain: Shimano CN-HG600-11
- Wheelset: Mavic Aksium Elite
- Tyres: Conti Grand Sport Race SL, 700x25c
- Saddle: Cube RP 1.0
- Seatpost: Cube Performance Post, 27.2mm
- Seatclamp: Cube Screwlock, 31.8mm
- Weight: 8.4kg
- Frame Safe System: To protect the high-end frames from damage, they are built with the Cube Frame Safe System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In the case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced with a new one.
- Integrated Cable Routing: Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Press Fit BB: With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows Cube to build a wider downtube and more broadly spaced chainstays. Every millimetre of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Tapered Headtube: This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the headtube. On all of the Cube carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Twin Mould Technology: The Twin Mould technique uses re-usable cores during the lay-up process to ensure precision frame moulding. Special inserts guarantee optimum ply orientation during the production process to add extra strength at frame points subject to higher loads. This improves the safety of the product and delivers outstanding stiffness characteristics.
Buy Cube Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.