Cube Axial WLS Pro Disc Ladies' Road Bike
The Cube Axial WLS Pro Disc bridges the gap between performance racer and comfortable, long-distance tourer. Thanks to Cube's WLS geometry it offers a relaxed, efficient ride position. Cube has selected a precise, reliable Shimano Sora transmission and added disc brakes for powerful, reliable stopping in all weather conditions. This bike gives the keen, aspiring racer everything she could possibly need to experience the best that performance riding on narrow tyres has to offer.
The double-butted 6061 Superlite aluminium frame with oversized, cross-ovalised downtube, tapered headtube, PressFit bottom bracket and 3D forged dropouts is both very light and incredibly stiff. Comfort on long rides is assured, thanks to the balanced WLS ride position, slim seatstays and a vibration absorbing Cube CL carbon fork. Disc mounts are standard, while internal cable routing ensures reliable gearshifts and clean looks. You'll struggle to find a better combination of long-distance comfort and genuine high performance.
The proven Shimano Sora groupset with a compact crank (50/34t) and 11-32t cassette deliver perfect shifts with a huge gear range, giving maximum versatility in any situation from relaxed touring to pushing your limits in the middle of a bunch sprint. TRP disc brakes provide safe braking in all conditions, no matter what the weather. Cube wheels using DT Swiss spokes and Cube rims shod with Continental Grand Sport Race tyres complement the Axial WLS Pro Disc's sporty, long-distance character.
- Frame: Aluminium 6061 T6 superlite, double-butted, smooth welded, 3D dropouts, road comfort geometry
- Fork: Cube CSL Race, one piece 3D-forged steerer/crown, carbon blades, 1 1/8" - 1 1/4" tapered
- Headset: Top: Zero-stack 1 1/8" (OD 44mm); Bottom: Integrated 1 1/4"
- Stem: Cube Performance Stem Pro, 31.8mm
- Handlebar: Cube Compact Race Bar
- Handlebar Tape: Cube Grip Control
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Sora RD-R3000-SS, 9-speed
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Sora FD-R3000-BM, 31.8mm clamp
- Shift/Brake Levers: Shimano Sora ST-R3000
- Brakes: Tektro Spyre MD-C610C, flat mount (160/160mm)
- Crankset: Shimano Sora FC-R3000, 9-speed, 50x34t
- Cassette: Shimano CS-HG400, 11-32t
- Chain: KMC X9
- Wheelset: Cube RA 0.8 Aero Disc
- Tyres: Conti Ultra Sport 2
- Saddle: Cube RP 1.0
- Seatpost: Cube Performance Post, 27.2mm
- Seatclamp: Cube Screwlock, 31.8mm
- Weight: 10.1kg
- Frame Safe System: To protect the high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the Cube Frame Safe System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In the case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced with a new one.
- Advanced Mechanical Forming: With its Advanced Mechanical Forming technology Cube can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimise them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along with the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable Cube to manufacture lighter and also stiffer aluminium frames.
- Aluminium Superlite: Extremely high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is a very stiff fatigue and corrosion resistant material that has high elongation. Cube's Superlite tubes are double-butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Integrated Cable Routing: Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Press Fit BB: With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows Cube to build a wider downtube and more broadly spaced chainstays. Every millimetre of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Tapered Headtube: This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the headtube. On all of the Cube carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Wet Paint Surface: On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. Cube uses this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
Buy Cube Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.