Cube Cross Hybrid Race Allroad 500 E-Bike
The new Cross Hybrid Race Allroad is all about everyday versatility, but that doesn't mean they've forgotten that riding should be fun, too. Extras like the mudguards, lighting system and kickstand make life easier for the rider, regardless of the time of day or weather conditions.
With Bosch's most powerful drive system and a standard 500Wh battery, the Cross Hybrid Race Allroad is the perfect all-round package for keen riders, commuters and anyone who just wants to escape to the countryside. The Cross Hybrid's brand new frame sets new standards. The double butted aluminium Superlite tubeset - based on the much-praised MTB frames - combines with a tapered headtube makes for a light but stiff structure. It's a frame that can easily withstand all kinds of stress - far more than required by Cube's very strict test standards - which is good news for durability and safety. The complex downtube design that houses the battery is specifically designed to improve handling by keeping the centre of gravity low. 3D forged, multi-functional dropouts with integrated Cube Easy Mount kickstand make it easy to attach a luggage rack, and can even be used to pull a bike trailer with a Weber coupling. And if you have an accident, the derailleur hanger can be replaced.
The highlight of the Cross Race Hybrid is Bosch's CX Drive Unit. With up to 75Nm torque and a maximum of 600W of additional power, it's the most efficient pedal assist system currently available. The battery's best-in-class 500Wh capacity provides the best possible range, making it perfect for longer rides and regular commuting alike. Drive is provided by Shimano's reliable XT groupset with a 10 speed cassette for any eventuality. The Suntour NRX D LO suspension fork - with lockout - smooths even the roughest of paths, while the Shimano Deore hydraulic disc brakes have the power to stop you in any weather. Busch& Müller's Lyt lighting system with 15 lux output takes its power from the main battery, while built-in mudguards and the standard Cube kickstand add to the bike's everyday functionality.
- Frame: Aluminium Superlite, ARG, Double Butted, Disc Only
- Forks: Suntour NRX D LO Coil
- Chainset: FSA CK-745, 15T
- Brake/Shift Levers: Shimano Deore SL-M610-I, Direct Attach
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT, RD-M781-GSL, Shadow, 10-Speed
- Cassette: Shimano CS-HG50, 11-36
- Chain: KMC X10e, EcoProTeQ
- Rims: Cube ZX24, 32H, Disc
- Front Hub: Shimano HB-TX505, QR
- Rear Hub: Shimano FH-TX505, QR
- Tyres: Schwalbe Smart Sam, Active 44 x 622
- Front Brake: Shimano Deore BR-M615, Hydr. Disc Brake 180
- Rear Brake: Shimano Deore BR-M615, Hydr. Disc Brake 160
- Handlebars: Level 9 Riser Bar, 660mm
- Grips: Cube Natural Fit Comfort
- Headset: FSA Orbit 1.5E ZS, Top Zero-Stack 1 1/8" (OD 44mm), Bottom Zero-Stack 1 1/2" (OD 56mm)
- Stem: Level 9, 31.8mm
- Saddle: Cube Active 1.1
- Seatpost: Level 9, 30.9mm
- Seatclamp: Cube Varioclose, 34.9mm
- Pedals: Cube PP MTB
- Front Light: Busch&Müller Lumotec Lyt B
- Backlight: Busch&Müller Secula
- Kickstand: Cubestand Pro, Adjustable
- Mudguard: SSKS Stingray
- Engine: Bosch Drive Unit Performance CX (75Nm) Cruise (250 Watt)
- Battery: Bosch Power Pack 500
- Display: Bosch Intuvia
- Advanced Mechanical Forming: With their Advanced Mechanical Forming technology Cube can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimize them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable the manufacture of lighter and also stiffer aluminium frames.
- Agile Ride Geometry: Cube ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in their series of big wheel bikes. Three important details resulted. Increased fork offsets allows for the same trail as Cube's 26in bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chainstays without compromising the seat angle. A patented construction to mount the front derailleur gives more tyre clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least the BB height remains the same as on their 26in bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a Cube 29er or 27.5.
- Aluminium Superlight: Extremely high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. Cube's Superlite tubes are double butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Frame Safe System: To protect their high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the Cube Frame Save System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
- One Piece Design: Welded joints in Cube's high-quality aluminium frames are specially finished via this method and create the impression of a seamless tube design. This generates the visual effect of moulding and ensures high load bearing capacity.
- Wet Paint Surface: On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. Cube use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- Optimal Drive Position: The engine is the critical part of an E-bike because of its weight and its junction to the regular drivetrain. These factors present a real challenge for the frame design. This is why Cube developed an innovative new frame construction for the new E-bike generation: simultaneously being the cradle for the electric motor, the pivot for the rear link and the seat of the shock eyelet, the very complex area of the bottom bracket is made of two forged halves. The groove in the front section together with the specially formed downtube is home for the power pack which in this way has a very low position in the frame triangle. The positive outcome is an extremely low centre of gravity supporting an agile riding characteristic while achieving a super rigid bottom bracket area.
- Easy Mount Kickstand: The Easy Mount Kick Stand is a new system developed and designed by Cube. The base of the stand is mounted from below to a fitting plate integrated to the frame and fixed with a through bolt. This kick stand is extremely stiff and solid through the enlarged contact areas between base and frame which gives a stable stand even with loaded panniers.
Buy Cube Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.