Cube Elite C:62 Race 29 Hardtail Bike
The Elite C:62 Race 29 is an uncompromisingly high-performance carbon racer that doesn't sacrifice versatility on the altar of speed. Combined with the very light and efficient frame, the precise SRAM X01 1x11 transmission and smooth RockShox Reba RL suspension fork; this Hardtail the obvious choice for both XC and marathon races.
The Elite C:62's carbon frame is constructed with advanced twin mould technology, giving Cube full control over the fibre lay-up. It's both stiff and extremely light, thanks to smart design features including an oversized, tapered headtube (with integrated carbon bearing shells), an oversized PressFit bottom bracket shell and X12 dropouts. Cube's Agile Ride Geometry gives the rider extraordinary levels of playful manoeuvrability and steering precision, making it surprisingly fun out on the trails. Internal cable routing tidies the lines up and keeps gear shifts precise for longer.
High quality, high-performance and maximum precision are the qualities that define this bike's features. The RockShox Reba RL in Fast Black combines a handlebar lockout and 15mm quick release axle for maximum control. The fast-accelerating and durable Fulcrum Red 44 wheelset is perfect for racers, as is the Cube cockpit setup. The legendary braking power and modulation of Shimano's XT hydraulic disc brakes is boosted by the inclusion of a 180mm front rotor, and the 1x11 transmission with SRAM X1 carbon chainset offers crisp, precise gear shifts. The tyre combination of a Schwalbe Rocket Ron up front and a Racing Ralph on the rear means easy rolling with maximum grip.
- Frame: C:62 Monocoque Advanced Twin Mould Technology, ARG2, tapered headtube, PressFit BB, X12, integrated cable routing
- Fork: RockShox Reba RL, Fast Black, PushLoc, 15QR Maxle, tapered, 100mm travel
- Headset: FSA Orbit I-t, integrated, top 1 1/8", bottom 1.5"
- Stem: Cube Performance Stem Pro, 31.8mm
- Handlebar: Cube Flat Race Bar Pro, 720mm
- Grips: Cube SCR
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM X01, Type2.1, 11-Speed
- Shifters: SRAM X1 Trigger
- Brake System: Shimano XT BR-M8000, Hydr. Disc Brake (180/160)
- Crankset: SRAM X1 Carbon, 34T, 175mm
- Cassette: SRAM XG-1180, 10-42T
- Chain: SRAM 11-Speed
- Wheelset: Fulcrum Red 44, 28/28 spokes, 15QR/X12
- Front Tyre: Schwalbe Rocket Ron, Kevlar, 2.25, Lite Skin
- Rear Tyre: Schwalbe Racing Ralph, Kevlar, 2.25, Lite Skin
- Saddle: Selle Italia SC1
- Seatpost: Cube Prolight, 27.2mm
- Seatclamp: Cube Varioclose, 31.8mm
- Weight: 10.05kg
- Adaptable X12 Hanger: Cube optimised its new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted. Cube can now fit the longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness is therefore improved. With the new design it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.
- Advanced Twin Mould: This technique uses a complete core to provide the perfect frame form during the lay-up process. As with the Twin Mould technology, precise inserts are used to ensure extra strength at high-stress frame points. This combination offers maximum control over fibre orientations during the lay-up and production process. The Advanced Twin Mould high-tech carbon manufacturing process translates to outstanding product safety and quality together with optimum weight and stiffness characteristics.
- Agile Ride Geometry: Cube ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in its series of big wheel bikes. It also added the 27.5" wheel size to the very well received portfolio. Three important details lead to the very agile character. Increased fork offsets let Cube achieve the same trail as its 26" bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly it shortened the chainstays without compromising the seat angle. Cube invented a patented construction to mount the front derailleur to give it more tyre clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least it kept the BB height the same as on its 26" bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a Cube 29er or 27.5" bike.
- Integrated Cable Routing: Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Integrated Post Mount: The post mount rear brake system is found on all carbon fibre frames and top aluminium full suspension models. Two bolts and the IS adapter aren't needed anymore, and fewer parts means less weight. In this case it saves 30 grams. This may not sound a lot but there's potential to save weight in every detail.
- Press Fit BB: With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows Cube to build a wider downtube and more broadly spaced chainstays. Every millimetre of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Stealth Ready: Dropper seatposts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame, if not required, will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- Tapered Steerer: This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the headtube. On all of the Cube carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- X12 Through Axle: In this system, a cone is used to form a play-free connection. It is only necessary to tighten the axle from one side. An insert in the right-hand dropout, which is secured by a bolt, sets the position of the wheel. The main advantages of the Syntace system are quick and simple changing of the wheel, reliable position of the brake disc and higher stiffness of the rear of the bike. This allows the assembly to be made lighter than a conventional through-axle.
Buy Cube Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.