Cube Litening C:62 Disc Road Bike
What do you get when you combine the proven performance advantages of a state-of-the-art race bike with the awesome stopping power of disc brakes? The short answer is the Litening C:62 Disc. The longer answer would have to take into account the full carbon chassis and fork, the peerless shifting performance of Shimano's Ultegra groupset and the speed advantage of discs. Brake later, brake harder and brake confidently, even in the wet. Those are the Litening C:62 Disc's unbeatable characteristics. Race hard, train hard and ride hard, it's all a pleasure with this bike.
Disc brakes demand special consideration. So Cube took its advanced twin mould, monocoque construction frame and aero CSL C:68 fork, and optimised both for the extra power of disc brakes. Oversized carbon tubes in the main frame and chainstays, a tapered head tube and super stiff bottom bracket area all ensure an excellent stiffness-to-weight ratio. But it's not all about speed and power over comfort. Slim seat stays and a flattened top tube add controlled flex to reduce rider fatigue over longer distances. Power, control and comfort: you CAN have it all.
A disc-equipped race bike is pointless without the best brakes available. That's why Cube selected Shimano's hydraulic RS685 and RS805 brakes and combined them with 140mm rotors front and rear, to make the most of the discs' ability to stop reliably in any riding conditions. Then it added a Shimano Ultegra groupset with a 50-34 tooth compact chainset and an 11 speed 11-28 tooth cassette for peerless shifting performance. A Cube Carbon Wing Race handlebar and Cube Carbon Motion Post provide comfort and control on even the most demanding of rides, while a Mavic Aksium Disc wheelset shod with Schwalbe One Kevlar tyres ensure that you're always in control.
- Frame: Cube C:62 advanced twin mould technology, flat mount disc, race geometry, AXH, X12
- Fork: Cube CSL Evo C:68 technology, 1 1/8"/1 1/4" tapered, flat mount, X12
- Headset: FSA Orbit C33 ACB I-t integrated; Top: 1 1/8"; Bottom: 1 1/4"
- Stem: Cube Performance Stem Pro, 31.8mm
- Handlebar: Cube Wing Race Bar Carbon
- Handlebar Tape: Cube Grip Control
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra RD-6800SS, 11-speed
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra FD-6800, 31.8mm
- Shift/Brake Levers: Shimano ST-RS685
- Brakes: Shimano BR-RS805, hydraulic disc brake, flat mount (140/140mm)
- Crankset: Shimano Ultegra FC-6800, 50x34t, 170mm (50/52cm), 172.5mm (54/56/58cm), 175mm (60/62cm)
- Cassette: Shimano Ultegra CS-6800, 11-28t
- Chain: Shimano CN-HG700-11
- Wheelset: Mavic Aksium Disc, 100x12mm/142x12mm, Centerlock
- Tyres: Schwalbe One, Kevlar, 25-622
- Saddle: Selle Italia X1 Road
- Seatpost: Cube Performance Motion Post, 27.2mm
- Seatclamp: Cube Screwlock, 31.8mm
- Weight: 8.1kg
- Frame Safe System: To protect the high-end frames from damage, they are built with the Cube Frame Safe System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In the case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced with a new one.
- Wet Paint Surface: On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. Cube uses this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- Integrated Cable Routing: Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Press Fit BB: With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows Cube to build a wider down tube and more broadly spaced chainstays. Every millimetre of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Tapered Headtube: This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of the Cube carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Advanced Twin Mould Technology: This technique uses a complete core to provide the perfect frame form during the lay-up process. As with the twin mould technology, precise inserts are used to ensure extra strength at high-stress frame points. This combination offers maximum control over fibre orientations during the lay-up and production process. The advanced twin mould high-tech carbon manufacturing process translates to outstanding product safety and quality together with optimum weight and stiffness characteristics.
Buy Cube Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.