Cube Stereo Hybrid 140HPA Pro 500 27.5 E-Bike
The Stereo Hybrid HPA 27.5 has turned out to be one of the most popular full suspension e-bikes in the trade press; it's completely changed the face of e-MTB. The reason for this is as trivial as it is obvious - it's an e-bike that rides really like a conventional MTB, more so than any other.
Whether climbing or descending, the Stereo Hybrid 140 Pro 27.5 will leave you breathless (but only metaphorically!)
The Stereo Hybrid's frame draws on all Cube's aluminium frame construction expertise. They hydroformed triple butted 7005 tubes to create a genuine High Performance Aluminium (HPA) frame. The tapered steerer, X12 rear axle and stiff Trail Motion Rocker linkage all contribute to a rigidly efficient frame structure without adding unnecessary weight. The Bosch Performance drive is optimally positioned within the frame (ODP), and the Agile Ride Geometry (ARG) creates a lively feel out on the trail. Clever suspension design means that, despite its 140mm of four pivot-driven travel, the Stereo Hybrid remains extremely balanced and efficient even under hard pedalling.
The Stereo Hybrid HPA 140 Pro 27.5 features the new Bosch CX Drive Unit with 75Nm torque - currently the best-performing e-MTB drive unit available and your guarantee of the best trail riding experience. The 400Wh battery fitted as standard can be upgraded to the optional 500Wh unit for even greater range. A highly adjustable Manitou Mattoc suspension fork, paired with a Radium Expert shock at the rear, tames even the wildest of trails. The Shimano XT gears feature a wide ranging, 11 speed 11-42 cassette and a ShadowPlus rear derailleur to hold the chain securely in place, so you'll always be able to find the right gear. Magura's MT2 hydraulic disc brake system provides reliable, powerful stopping power even in adverse conditions. And Answer's rigid, durable Atac AM27.5 wheels shod with Schwalbe's grippy Hans Dampf tyres round off this performance-orientated trail bike.
- Frame: HPA Advanced Hydroforming, Optimal Drive Position, ARG 27.5", ETC FSP 4-Link, Triple Butted, Adaptable X12 Hanger
- Forks: Manitou Mattoc, 140mm, Taper, QR15
- Shock: Manitou Radium Expert RL, 200x57mm, Rebound, Lockout
- Shock Hardware: Top - 30 x 8mm, Bottom - 22.2 x 8mm
- Chainset: FSA CK-745, 15T
- Brake/Shift Levers: Shimano XT SL-M8000
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT, RD-M8000-GS, ShadowPlus, 11-Speed
- Cassette: Shimano CS-M8000, 11-42
- Chain: KMC X11
- Rims: Answer Atac AM, Tubeless-Ready
- Front Hub: 15QR
- Rear Hub: X12
- Tyres: Schwalbe Hans Dampf 2.35
- Front Brake: Magura MT2, Hydr. Disc Brake 180
- Rear Brake: Magura MT2, Hydr. Disc Brake 180
- Handlebars: CUBE Rise Trail Bar Pro, 740mm
- Grips: CUBE Race Grip, 1-Clamp
- Headset: FSA Orbit Z-t ECO, Top Zero-Stack 1 1/8" (OD 44mm), Bottom Integrated 1 1/2"
- Stem: CUBE Performance Stem Pro, 31.8mm
- Saddle: Selle Italia X1 Trail
- Seatpost: Cube Performance Post, 31.6mm
- Seatclamp: CUBE Varioclose, 34.9mm
- Engine: Bosch Drive Unit Performance CX (75Nm) Cruise (250 Watt)
- Battery: Bosch Power Pack 400
- Display: Bosch Intuvia
- Adaptable X12 Hanger: Cube optimized their new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted, facilitating the use of longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness are therefore improved. With the new design it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.
- Advanced Hydroforming: The new STEREO, FRITZZ and HANZZ models are built using Advanced Hydroforming. Conventional hydroforming processes cannot achieve these custom shapes and technical advantages. As this manufacturing method reduces the number of welds, the weight is reduced while durability is increased.
- Agile Ride Geometry: Cube ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in their series of big wheel bikes. Three important details resulted. Increased fork offsets allows for the same trail as Cube's 26in bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. A patented construction to mount the front derailleur gives more tyre clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least the BB height remains the same as on their 26in bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5.
- Efficient Trail Control: Cube's Efficient Trail Control series works so that everyone can have more fun on the trail. With 27.5 and 29er wheel options their frames cover the widest range of riding on every terrain you can imagine. The low leverage ratio and linear rate curve makes the bike very sensitive, avoids bobbing and offers full usable travel all the time. Steep seat tube angles and slack head tube angles make these dream machines ready for action on the descent where you can use the full amount of travel to be on the safe side.
- FSP4Link: The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this – CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, we obtain the finest riding qualities for our full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill. This fact is proven by many top test results in leading magazines over the last few years.
- Stealth Ready: Retractable seat posts are becoming more widespread so in order to optimally integrate them into the frame it needs to be suitably prepared. In Stealth Ready frames lowerable seatposts can easily be installed with integrated cable routing, which effectively prevents any jamming or snagging and keeps everything nice and streamlined.
- Trail Motion Rocker: The Trail Motion Rocker features optimized leverage ratios for every bike and intended use, giving fast reacting yet stable suspension in every situation. The computer-designed one piece rocker construction gives maximum stiffness for the best suspension performance while still being extremely lightweight.
- Wet Paint Surface: On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. Cube use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- Optimal Drive Position: The engine is the critical part of an E-bike because of its weight and its junction to the regular drivetrain. These factors present a real challenge for the frame design. This is why CUBE developed an innovative new frame construction for the new E-Bike generation: simultaneously being the cradle for the electric motor, the pivot for the rear link and the seat of the shock eyelet, the very complex area of the bottom bracket is made of two forged halves. The groove in the front section together with the specially formed down tube is home for the power pack which in this way has a very low position in the frame triangle. The positive outcome is an extremely low centre of gravity supporting an agile riding characteristic while achieving a super rigid bottom bracket area.
- High Performance Aluminium: For their high end bikes Cube use High Performance 7005 Aluminium alloy which has a very low density combined with high strength due to the alloy elements and the hardening heat treatment. By triple butting or even quadruple butting (as in the REACTION, HANZZ and AERIUM models) to give different wall thicknesses in one tube, aluminium tubes are reinforced where required and made lighter where possible. In this way, they succeed in getting material where it's needed most. In addition they use special tube shapes, manufactured with hydroforming technology to better cope with directional forces. The low density and high strength as well as the butting and the hydroforming technology enable us to make high performance frames with an ultimate level of stiffness.
- Frame Safe System: To protect their high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Save System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
Buy Cube Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.