Cube Town Easy Entry City Bike
The Town is a reliable companion that'll bring a smile to daily life. It’s designed to withstand the rigours of urban use, day after day - for shopping, commuting or whatever journey takes your fancy.
Comfort and reliability come as standard thanks to low-maintenance components like hub gears with a coaster brake, a smooth suspension fork and plush suspension seatpost.
The Town's aluminium frame is both stable and light thanks to its double butted tubes. They've used their Efficient Comfort Geometry setup to create a bike that's efficient to pedal and comfortable to sit on. They also added useful features like internal cable routing (concealed in the downtube) and the stiff dropouts with Easy Mount kickstand. It's available in a men's version with diamond frame as well as an easy entry version with a large, low, hydroformed downtube. As you'd expect, their standards are very high: the Town has been tested and passed by the CUBE test collective.
Cube's first choice for the Town was the Shimano Nexus hub gear with 8 speeds. The gear mechanism has been completely integrated into the rear hub and is therefore protected from the elements - a low-maintenance system that comes complete with coaster brake. The LED lighting system is built according to strict German StVZO regulations to ensure your safety. The LED headlamp up front lights up the street with 15 lux and the LED at the rear even features a parking light function. Suntour's suspension fork and the specially developed CUBE Comfort stem work together to create a comfortable riding position.
- Frame: Aluminium Superlite Trekking Comfort Double Butted
- Forks: SR Suntour NEX
- Chainset: Truvativ E400, 42T, 175mm
- Bottom Bracket: BB Power Spline
- Shift Levers: Shimano Nexus SL-8S31
- Cassette: Shimano Nexus, 20T
- Chain: KMC Z51
- Rims: CUBE SX24
- Front Hub: Shimano DH-3N31, Hub Dynamo, Nut
- Rear Hub: Shimano Nexus SG-C6000-8C, Coaster Brake, Nut
- Tyres: Schwalbe Spicer, Active, 40x622
- Front Brake: V-Brake
- Rear Brake: Coaster Brake
- Brake Levers: RFR 520 Aluminium Black
- Handlebars: Level 9 Comfort Shaper Bar
- Grips: RFR Comfort
- Headset: FSA No.10, Semi-Integrated
- Stem: CUBE Comfort City Stem 45°
- Saddle: CUBE Comfort Tour 1.2
- Seatpost: CUBE Suspension Seatpost
- Seatclamp: CUBE Close, 34.9mm
- Pedals: CUBE PP Trekking
- Front Light: LED 15Lux
- Backlight: LED Steady Light
- Kickstand: CUBEstand Cmpt
- Mudguard: SKS Black Shiny
- Bell: Humpert
- Carrier: Standwell Bag Carrier
- Advanced Mechanical Forming: With their Advanced Mechanical Forming technology Cube can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimize them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable the manufacture of lighter and also stiffer aluminium frames.
- Aluminium Superlight: Extremely high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. Cube's Superlite tubes are double butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Easy Mount Kickstand: The Easy Mount Kick Stand is a new system developed and designed by CUBE. The base of the stand is mounted from below to a fitting plate integrated to the frame and fixed with a through bolt. This kick stand is extremely stiff and solid through the enlarged contact areas between base and frame which gives a stable stand even with loaded panniers.
- Efficient Comfort Geometry: With Cube's specially designed Efficient Comfort Geometry, long distances can be covered easily. Trips with the family, tours with friends or a journey of months - explore the world and life in a new way.
- Integrated Cable Routing: Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Wet Paint Surface: On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. Cube use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
Buy Cube Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.