Elite Realpower CT Turbo Trainer
REALPOWER is the only cycling simulator in the world that can correctly simulate any slope gradient up to 20%. The innovative technology of the resistance unit is capable of simulating any hill climb, even the most breathtaking ones of the Giro and the Tour.
Realpower was created thanks to the use of a special technology: magnetic powder. This system is based on the use of special powders that change their viscosity according to the current passing through them.
The RealPower CT is a highly developed electronic training roller which, thanks to its interaction with the PC, can be used for various types of training on a bicycle:
- Truly complete cycle simulation. The combination of electronics, informatics and mechanics makes training very professional and complete.
- Informatics: the video of the course appears on the computer screen synchronised with the speed of the bicycle.
- Electronics: the electronically controlled roller perfectly repeats the variations of the course, constantly adapting to the various parameters.
- Mechanics: the new frame with “Ritmo” Feet allows the rider to stand up on the pedals and move to and fro just like on the road.
Complete and customisable training: it is now possible to create truly complete training programmes. Every cyclist can create training programmes according to 6 different types:
- Power / Distance. Predefined power segments of length preferred by the cyclist.
- Power / Time. Configurable time periods with power set by the cyclist.
- Altimetry / Distance. With this type of programme it is possible to copy the altimetric profiles of any race.
- Altimetry / Time. Segments of settable duration that reach the diverse heights.
- Slope / Distance. With this programme it is possible set courses with slopes of predefined lengths preferred by the cyclist.
- Slope / Time. A programme with time periods and slopes settable by the cyclist.
- Appraisal test. The famous Conconi test (included in the software) is the test for appraising the anaerobic threshold, most used in the world of cycling.
- Training Test: A programme that generates training courses of 4 weeks. The Training Test allows the cyclist to train in a specific way in order to maximise the effectiveness of training on the roller.
The technical characteristics of this roller make it a unique tool for indoor training:
- Exceptional powers (already more than 500 Watt at 15 Km/h) allow the correct simulation of slopes of up to 20% even at low speeds.
- Extra large flywheel offers more than 250% greater inertial momentum than standard flywheel
- The thicker roller in Elastogel (an exclusive material prepared in the Elite laboratories) that the wheel rests against, offers various advantages, reducing tyre wear and increasing quietness.
- The new “Ritmo” feet allow the bicycle frame to oscillate like on the road.
- The new “Fast Fixing” clamping system facilitates fitting the bicycle on the support frame and removing it, making this a quick, easy and safe operation, to be done with just one hand.
- The programme allows all aspects of training to be analysed and displayed, saving the results for future comparisons
All these features make the RealPower a professional tool for indoor cycle training: a substitute for rides on rainy days, in the snow or wind, or in the evening when it is dark; it prepare the cyclist for the most important events even during the season, and appraises the rider’s progress.
- The frame reinforced with tubes of 50mm diameter makes the bicycle roller system very stable and safe in any situation and under any stress.
- “Fast Fixing” system improves the system for clamping the bicycle on the frame.
- Safer: automatic locking of the lever does not require additional operations.
- Easier: just lower the lever to completely clamp the bicycle on the support frame.
- Quicker: the bicycle can be clamped/released with just one hand.
- The “Ritmo” feet are an absolute novelty in the world panorama of training rollers. With this system,
- Elite introduces the possibility of moving to and fro like on the road
- Also it is possible to adjust the elasticity of the feet, adapting it to the various pedalling styles.
- The standard feet are also included in the pack.
The resistance unit is the technological heart of this roller. In order to obtain such high powers the RealPower utilises a technology that is unique in the world of training rollers: a magnetic dust brake. This special technology (industrial derived) offers enormous powers and high reliability. The braking unit contains special magnetic dusts that change viscosity according to the magnetic field crossing them. The magnetic field is regulated by an electronic board that continuously communicates with the PC. In this way the computer can constantly regulate the resistance of the roller in order to give pedalling an unprecedented realism.
In addition, the resistance unit is equipped with an Elastogel roller of increased diameter (40 mm).
The larger diameter offers the following advantages:
- Greater area of contact between the roller and tyre. This means that more power can be transmitted from roller to wheel and therefore less tyre slipping.
- The larger diameter means less roller revolutions (at equivalent speed) and therefore less tyre wear and increased quietness. The material of the roller is a technopolymer compound prepared by Elite and tested in the laboratories of Padua University. The tests carried out showed that Elastogel reduces the noisiness of wheel/roller friction by 50% and tyre wear by 20%.
The control console positioned on the handlebar allows the software to be controlled even without getting off the bicycle. This is particularly useful during training and allows the cyclist to activate/deactivate different types of information during training.
- The console contains a receiver for heart-rate monitors compatible with all standard band transmitters (at 5KHz), both coded and non-coded.
- Note: The heart-rate transmitter is not included in the pack.
- The new cadence sensor allows easy installation and removal, since it is equipped with a reusable rubber coupling system. Its elongated shape pedal crank even in bicycles with a particularly distant rear cage.
- The system uses a USB cable for the connection to the computer. This solution ensures high reliability and compatibility.
- A network cable is used for the connection between the console and resistance unit.
- The differentiation of all the different types of wiring prevents the user from making a mistake, further simplifying installation.
Recommended PC characteristics:
- Processor: Pentium IV @ 2.4 GHz
- Memory: 512 MB
- Hard disc: 7200rpm
- Graphic card: 32MB of memory
- Miscellaneous: 1 USB port, DVD player
- (for use of Video-Races)
- Operating system: Windows 2000, XP or Vista
- An audio card is also recommended.
- ADSL connection (min. 512 Kbps) for the Internet version.
Buy Elite Turbo Trainers from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.