Rated 5 out of 5 by Lello the best choice for everyday use
bicycle is generally considered an ecological mean of transport but,it is not completely true.As I thought about the solvents and the rags wasted for chain servicing I decided to buy this model and I am very satisfied of it. Despite low price it is made well : frame is light rigid ( looking the photo you understimate the diameter of tubes) and has a wonderful paint .
All components are intended for urban use with almost no maintenance .Thank you for the fee gift : the folding multi tool is really useful .
22 August 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous Good bike for flat commute
I have this bike a couple of months now. It comes pretty much built in the box, just add the pedals, tighten a few nuts and off you go.
- It's really well made. Everything right down to the stainless alloys used in the screws. Schwalbe tires, alloy pedals and carrier, etc, etc.
- The chainguard works well, the chain still looks new even after a few wet cycles. Your trousers are safe from grime too!
- It's the ultimate commuter bike for sub 5km rides in your business suit.
- It's fairly heavy for an aluminum bike
- The hubs do add a bit of resistance, nothing you'd care about on the flat, but you'll feel it uphill. Plus downhill they will limit your speed to around 40 km/ph (if that matters to you, it'd doesn't me)
- It's a stiff ride. It doesn't like potholes. I added a suspended seat post to soften things a little.
- It has weird Dunlop valve tubes which don't fit some Presta pumps. Easily replaced though, or you can add Shrader (spelling?) valve adapters which work OK.
Conclusion: If you live in the city/suburbs, with good roads, and have a nice flat ride to your destination then this is the bike for you. If you have poor roads, steep hills, or have a long way to go then consider something else. Hard to beat this on value for money though!
03 July 2013
Was this helpful?helpful0unhelpful0http://answers.chainreactioncycles.com/answers/5230-en_gb/product/prod89804/question/1008735/undohelpfulness.djs?format=embeddedhtml&sessionparams=__BVSESSIONPARAMS__&return=__RETURN__&innerreturn=http%3A%2F%2Fanswers.chainreactioncycles.com%2Fanswers%2F5230-en_gb%2Fproduct%2Fprod89804%2Fquestions.djs%3Fformat%3Dembeddedhtml%26scrolltotop%3Dtrue%26expandquestion%3D1008735&user=__USERID__&authsourcetype=__AUTHTYPE__&submissionparams=__BVSUBMISSIONPARAMETERS__&submissionurl=__BVSUBMISSIONURL__
Additional information about CRCLogie could not be loaded.
0out of0found this answer helpful.
Was this helpful?helpful0unhelpful0http://answers.chainreactioncycles.com/answers/5230-en_gb/product/prod89804/answer/953133/undohelpfulness.djs?format=embeddedhtml&sessionparams=__BVSESSIONPARAMS__&return=__RETURN__&innerreturn=http%3A%2F%2Fanswers.chainreactioncycles.com%2Fanswers%2F5230-en_gb%2Fproduct%2Fprod89804%2Fquestions.djs%3Fformat%3Dembeddedhtml%26scrolltotop%3Dtrue%26expandquestion%3D1008735%26expandanswer%3D953133&user=__USERID__&authsourcetype=__AUTHTYPE__&submissionparams=__BVSUBMISSIONPARAMETERS__&submissionurl=__BVSUBMISSIONURL__