Fulcrum Red Fire Disc 6-Bolt MTB WheelsetRed Fire™ Freeride wheel, light and strong at the same time thanks to the thru-axle: Pure power, exiting on every type of terrain.
Fulcrum® debuted in freeride biking with a wheel conceived for the most daring, but without forgetting that the bike’s lightness is important, even going downhill, hence the Red Fire™. The anodized red rim made only for tubeless tyres which, thanks to the Ultra-Fit™ Tubeless system, can adhere perfectly. Therefore eliminating the dispersion of energy to the complete benefit of speed and performance.
Weight is saved by milling the rim. Very great attention was focussed on the wheel’s dynamic behaviour: it is no coincidence that asymmetrical drilling was chosen to permit better spoke balancing, leaving sufficient space for the disc brake and sprocket set. A freeride wheel like the Red Fire™ certainly cannot overlook strength. That is why we chose a sole solution: the adoption of the thru-axle for the rear wheel too. The two axles are 20 and 12 millimetres respectively.
• Fulcrum® debuts in Freeride Biking with a wheel conceived for the most daring, but without forgetting that the bike's lightness is important, even going downhill.
• Average weight*: front:993g, rear: 1207g. The weight of the wheels does not include the quick release, and it refers to the lightest configuration.
• Ultra-Fit™ tubless: Imagine the rim and tyre as a single unit composed of two materials. This is what we wanted to achieve conceptually with Ultra-Fit™ Tubeless technology. The rim was developed during the design stage to obtain perfect adherence with the tyre. The consequent elimination of friction makes it possible to improve performance considerably.Energy dispersion is drastically reduced by the tubeless tyre. The advantages are indisputable even in terms of practicality. Fitting the tyre is facilitated by the form of the rim while two tracks in the rim groove help keep the type perfectly positioned at all times. Ultra-Fit™ Tubeless technology is used in Red Carbon™ and Red Fire™ wheels.
• 2:1 Two-to-One™ Spoke Ratio: The 2:1 Two-to-One™ system has been used for all the rear wheels and for the first time Fulcrum® has also extended their advantages to all the front wheels fitted with disc brakes. The doubling of the spokes on the critical side makes it possible to reduce the unit load borne by each spoke as the spokes themselves are no longer subject to the mechanical stress resulting from the different disc. Overcoming this drawback the spokes will be able to transfer the forces exerted at the rear by the pedalling traction and at the front by the torsion torque of braking, and give the front wheel previously unknown stability.
• MoMag™: MoMag™ technology is integrated in wheels which do not have drilling of the top bridge of the rim. The nipples in these wheels are guided to their seat by employing a little magnet. Their accessibility from the outside makes it possible to carry out all the spoke tensioning and replacement operations conveniently. The absence of holes on the rim permits all the original strength to be maintained as well as the use of tubeless tyres. The hermetically sealed valve ensures that the tubeless tyre is kept under pressure.
• Oversize Axle: The hubs designed for Fulcrum® wheels employ a generously dimensioned design for both the central body and for the rotation axis. The diameter of the latter, 20 mm for all the models with disc brakes, guarantees high resistance to transverse and torsional stresses. A contribution is also made to this result by the mechanical architecture of the hub which, in the AFS™version, is provided with bearings with a double ball-bearing race positioned outside the flange, so that it is aligned with the disc on the respective side.
- Delivery toUnited States of America
365 Days return or exchange
If you're not completely satisfied with an item you may return it within 12 months of purchase. We'll give you a full refund if the item hasn't been used or the component hasn’t been fitted.
More information on returns
PayPal, Bank Transfer or Card
- We've got everything you need to know in our buying guide.