Fulcrum Racing Speed XLR 80 Dark Label Road Wheels
The brand new Racing SpeedTM XLR with carbon rim for 80mm clinchers are been designed in our wind tunnel and developed with the precious indications of professional athletes. The result is extraordinary.
The aerodynamic design allows for top speed, acceleration and manoeuvrability even with cross winds; the smoothness levels exceed expectations: the CULT ball/bearing system is 9 times smoother than that of standard bearings!
But the Racing SpeedTM XLR does not need an introduction: a name which has been long associated with countless victories and today becomes the wheel of reference for triathlon or road races.
CULT™ - Ceramic Ultimate Level Technology™
Behind this project is the exclusiveness of Cronitect® steel; using “Advanced by FAG” technology by Schaeffler Group employed for the bearing races. This is steel which takes resistance to corrosion to the highest level; to the point that, no grease is necessary for lubrication, just a small amount of oil.
The top quality ceramic balls, thanks to the absence of lubricating grease and the precision machining of the cup/cone, allow to drastically reduce the friction coefficient and thus increase the smoothness of the wheel by as much as 9 times compared to standard bearings. An outstanding result achieved by using cutting-edge technologies in the field of materials processing.
The test performed involves spinning the wheel to 500 rpms then letting it decelerate. The test results are amazing: the wheel equipped with CULT™ ball bearings continues its motion for a full 45 minutes, i.e. nine times longer than standard bearings.
Fulcrum Carbon Wheel Features:
- HIGH PROFILE FOR 80MM TUBULARS: enables the maximum aerodynamic penetration, reducing friction. The design of the profile details makes the wheel extremely manageable even in a crosswind
- FULL CARBON: extremely limited weight. Gives the wheel an extremely high level of lateral stiffness and greater reactivity
- EXCLUSIVE PRESSING SYSTEM FOR THE RIM IN UNPAINTED CARBON: enables an extremely limited weight and a smooth surface free from imperfections
- DYNAMIC BALANCING ON THE RIM: thanks to a special operation of the production process, the carbon fiber layup is positioned in such a way as to obtain perfect balancing of the rim even at high speeds
- NEW BRAKE PADS MADE ESPECIALLY FOR CARBON WHEELS: the new blend increases the brake performance on both dry and wet surfaces without increasing the wear and tear on the pad. For a more modular and more secure stop
- AERODYNAMIC PROFILE IN STEEL: ensuring the maximum aerodynamic penetration and, thanks to the material employed, lower weight and greater reactivity
- CARBON HUB BODY: gives the wheel a high degree of lateral stiffness and reduces weight to the minimum
- OVERSIZED FLANGE ON THE DRIVE SIDE: increases the torsional stiffness, increasing reactivity at each change in rhythm of the pedal stroke
- CUP AND CONE BEARINGS: easy ball/bearing adjustment – reduces possible ball/bearing play – precision operation – maintains performance over time
- ALUMINIUM AXLE: reduces the overall weight of the wheel
- QUICK RELEASE: New, completely redesigned and lighter aerodynamic-profile wheel block. Steel spine and eccentric, lever with drill lightening and aluminum die. Eccentric-closure system allows cyclist to modulate the pressure necessary for heightened sensitivity to find the proper closure for the block. Easy to use, with a material resistant to wear and tear, rust, and pressure
- NOTE: These Wheels Feature The Fulcrum Dark Label - For the White Label Version Click Here
Buy Fulcrum Carbon Road Wheels from Chain Reaction Cycles, the worlds largest online bicycle store.