Garmin Edge 800 Trail
Edge® 800 GB Discoverer 1:50k Trail Bundle
Garmin Europe is pleased to announce the Edge 800Trail Bundle.
The Edge 800 Trail bundle includes Garmin GB Discoverer™1:50,000 scale Ordnance Survey mapping for the whole of Britain with contours, elevations, summits, paths, routable roads and more, making it perfect for riding on the trail. Thrash out your ride before you go with our BaseCamp™route-planning software. Compatible with Ordnance Survey mapping and any Garmin map card, you can create routes on your computer for transfer to and from Edge 800 for free.
Make the most of every ride with Edge® 800 — the first touch-screen GPS bike computer. Providing navigation and performance monitoring, Edge 800 is ideal for touring, commuting, competitive cycling and mountain biking. It has a built-in basemap and tracks your distance, speed, location and ascent/descent.
At Your Fingertips
We designed this display to be rugged enough to stand up to the elements, yet sensitive enough to respond to the tap of your gloved hand. Switch training pages or pan and zoom the map with just a tap. The bright, sunlight-readable colour display is easy to view in all lighting conditions. Just don’t let its good looks fool you — Edge 800 is waterproof to IPX7 standards and can withstand hard knocks and scrapes it might endure in mountain biking environments.
The aerodynamic Edge 800 has a carbon fiber look, and attaches to the stem or handlebar of your bike with the low-profile mount. A quarter-turn mount design holds unit securely and lets you easily swap it between bikes using removable, reusable bands.
Know Where To Go
Whether your bike is a means of transportation or escape, having maps at your fingertips makes every journey easier and more fun. Edge 800 comes with a built-in basemap that shows major roads and cities, plus it’s compatible with our microSD™ cards. Select a destination and Edge 800 provides turn-by-turn navigation prompts on screen.
Edge 800 can also guide you along routes recorded by other cyclists. Explore our Garmin Connect™ site and choose from millions of rides uploaded by other users. Any activities you upload to your Edge 800 are stored as courses. You can follow the course with navigation prompts or, for a little competition, race it and try to beat previously set goals. You can also use Garmin’s free BaseCamp™ software or other applications to create a route, view elevation changes and other data, and then upload to Edge.
Edge 800 records your every move with a high-sensitivity GPS receiver that stays locked on, even under tree cover. The receiver features HotFix® satellite prediction to calculate your position faster, plus it has automatic time zone adjustment.
Data, Any Way You Want It
Edge 800 tracks a bunch of data from your ride and lets you customize up to three training pages so you can see as much or as little data as you want. The barometric altimeter provides extra-precise climb and descent data and records temperature changes.
If you’re a performance cyclist, you can pair Edge 800 with a third-party ANT enabled power meter (not included) to display your power output in watts as you ride. This valuable data shows you how hard you're working, regardless of conditions affecting your ride, so you can train smarter.
Need a little motivation to push your performance? See how you measure up to the Virtual Partner® — a digital depiction of your goal speed vs. your speed in real-time. Other training features include detailed workout planning, Auto Pause®, Auto Lap® and Courses, which helps you compare successive rides over the same route.
Analyze Your Ride
You logged the miles, now it’s time to review, replay and share your ride. Just upload your data to Garmin Connect™, our website for free data analysis and sharing. You can upload from your PC or Mac using the included USB cable. At Garmin Connect, you can see the route you travelled on a map, view a summary of your ride, create goals, share it with others and much more.
- Foot pod: no
- Automatic sync (automatically transfers data to your computer): no
- Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data): yes
- Garmin Training Center® software compatible: yes
- Virtual Partner® (train against a digital person): yes
- Courses (compete against previous activities): yes
- Auto Pause® (pauses and resumes timer based on speed): yes
- Auto Lap® (automatically starts a new lap): yes
- Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout): yes
- Multi-sport (changes sport mode with a press of a button): no
- Advanced workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts): yes
- Simple workouts (input time, distance and calorie goals): yes
- Pace alert (triggers alarm if you vary from preset pace): yes
- Time/distance alert (triggers alarm when you reach goal): yes
- Vibration alert: (choose between alert tones and/or vibration alert): no
- Interval training (set up exercise and rest intervals): yes
- Heart rate-based calorie computation: yes
- Customizable screen(s): yes
- Barometric altimeter: yes
- Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units): no
- Power meter compatible (displays power data from compatible 3rd party ANT ™-enabled power meters): yes (records data approx. 1 per second)
- Temperature (displays and records temperature while you ride): yes
- Sport watch: no
- Additional: Operating temperature: -20°C to 60°C
Maps & Memory:
- Basemap: yes
- Ability to add maps: yes
- Accepts data cards: microSD™ card
- Lap history: 1000 laps
- Waypoints/favourites/locations: 200
- Routes: Limited by memory space available
Physical & Performance:
- Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 2" x 3.7" x 1" (5.1 x 9.3 x 2.5 cm)
- Display size, WxH: 1.4" x 2.2" (3.8 x 5.6 cm); 2.6" diag (6.6 cm)
- Display resolution, WxH: 160 x 240 pixels
- Touchscreen: yes
- Weight: 3.5 oz (98.0 g)
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: 15 hours, typical
- Water resistant: yes (IPX7)
- GPS-enabled: yes
- High-sensitivity receiver: yes
*Please Note: Micro to Mini SD adaptor needed*
Edge 800 Europe:
- Package includes: Edge 800
- AC adapter
- NOTE: Uk Charger Supplied, adaptors required for other countries
- bike mount
- USB cable
- quick start manual
- Garmin GB Discoverer 1:50K
- micro SD/SD card
Buy Garmin Edge 800 Trail from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.