Giro Ionos Helmet
Ionos is the most ventilated and technologically advanced road cycling helmet Giro has ever created. Our proprietary in-mold composite sub-frame (I.C.S.™) provides the strength to support 21 of the largest vents ever carved into a helmet.
These massive vents—coupled with an intricate network of internal channels—create a cooling system we call Wind Tunnel™ ventilation. The difference is remarkable and after one ride you’ll agree: the Ionos is the coolest, best-ventilated helmet available. This is the reason that Grand Tour champions like Lance Armstrong and Alberto Contador choose Ionos to stay cool on the hottest days.
- Suggested Use: Road Race, Triathlon, MTB XC Race, Cyclocross, Track Race, Enthusiast Road
- Features: In-mold composite sub frame (I.C.S.), X-static padding, award winning design, multiple Grand Tour championships, X-static padding
- Construction: In-mold Composite Sub-Frame EPS liner, polycarbonate shell
- Fit System: Roc Loc® 5 Ventilation:21 Wind Tunnel™ vents, internal channelling
- Wind Tunnel Ventilation: Giro helmets are developed utilizing our proprietary Wind Tunnel™ ventilation system, which combines active vents with internal exhaust channels that thrust cool, fresh air over and around the riders head-while forcing heat and stale air out. This significant increase in air channelling makes a difference that riders will immediately feel and appreciate.
- In-Mold Composite Sub-Frame (I.C.S.): Our In-mold composite Sub-frame is a composite skeleton fused into a helmet’s EPS liner. Visible on the bridges between vents, this series of composite plates is directionally “tuned” to provide structural support, impact dispersion and penetration resistance. I.C.S technology is what allows us to carve those massive vents— as seen in our Ionos helmet, for example—without compromising rider protection.
- X-Static Padding: In addition to being very comfortable, our X-Static pads provide anti-microbial properties to help keep your helmet fresher, longer. The pads are also machine washable.
Roc Loc 5:
After more than two-years of development, Giro introduces Roc Loc 5. This groundbreaking fit system provides an entirely unique user experience with an unmatched level of comfort, stability, adjustability and weight savings. With Roc Loc 5, you can easily dial-in both fit tension and adjust vertical position with a single hand. Just twist the dial for a tighter feel on rough terrain, then back it off a notch and relax across the flats or a warm climb. Even with these remarkable features, Roc Loc 5 is still nearly 40-percent lighter than its popular predecessor, Roc Loc 4.
- Micro Dial: The heart of Roc Loc 5 is this ratcheting, micro-adjusting dial. A simple, two-finger twist of the Micro Dial opens or closes the retention system and each click is audible.
- Three-Position Bracket: It’s never been easier to change vertical positions and fine-tune fit. We incorporated a three-position bracket that features 15-millimeters of up/down movement. Like the Micro Dial, this system can be adjusted without removing the helmet. Carefully-crafted ergonomic arms are shaped to be as comfortable as possible, yet work flawlessly with Giro eyewear (what we call Super Fit engineering).
- Dual Pods: These two panels are designed to firmly grasp the back of your head while comfortably cradling the occipital lobe.
- Strap Baskets: With Roc Loc 5, your helmet straps are always right where you need them. Not to mention this strap basket brings a new level of comfort.
This helmet conforms to, or exceeds EU Standards only.
Buy Giro Ionos Helmet from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.