GoPro Hero3 White Edition - Updated
Smaller, lighter with built-in Wi-Fi. The HERO3: White Edition is 20% smaller and 15% lighter, and captures professional-quality video up to 1080p30 and 5MP photos at up to 3 frames per second. Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to control the camera remotely using the Wi-Fi Remote (sold separately), and enables full camera control plus content preview, playback and sharing with the GoPro App. Wearable, gear-mountable, waterproof to 131'/40m and compatible with all GoPro mounts and accessories, the HERO3: White Edition makes it possible to capture and share your life like never before.
Smallest, lightest White Edition yet. The HERO3: White Edition is 20% smaller and 15% lighter than previous models and is compatible with all GoPro mounts and accessories—making it the most mountable, wearable and versatile White Edition GoPro ever.
Professional video + photo quality. The HERO3: White Edition captures high-quality 1080p30, 960p30 and 720p60 video and 5MP photos at up to 3 frames per second. Time Lapse mode lets you capture a series of photos at 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30 or 60 second intervals.
Incredible audio. Sound quality is as important as image quality. The HERO3: White Edition is precision-engineered to capture even the most subtle of sounds—whether you’re recording voices, music or the roar of your engine on a spirited drive. Advanced wind-noise reduction technology keeps the audio clearer during high-speed activities.
Built-in Wi-Fi. Featuring built-in Wi-Fi, the HERO3: White Edition is compatible with the Wi-Fi Remote (sold separately) and GoPro App. Control up to 50 cameras from distances of up to 600’/180m with the Wi-Fi Remote. Or use the GoPro App to control your camera remotely with a smartphone or tablet—plus preview, play back and share your favorite shots via email, text, Facebook®, Instagram™ and more.1
- HERO3: White Edition Camera
- 131’/40m Waterproof Housing
- Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- Quick Release Buckle
- 1 Curved + 1 Flat Adhesive Mount
- USB Cable
- Camera: 74g (2.6oz)
- Camera with housing: 136g (4.8oz)
Advanced Video Capture Settings:
- H.264 codec,.mp4 file format
- Spot Meter: Ideal for filming within a dark space with the camera pointed towards a brighter setting (such as filming the outdoors from within a car).
- Looping Video: Records a continuous video loop that overwrites itself until you press the shutter button to stop it. It's ideal for saving space on your memory card while waiting to catch a moment of action.
- One Button: Upon powering on, the camera automatically beings recording video or capturing Time Lapse photos.
| Video Resolution ||1080p ||960p ||720p ||WVGA |
|Frames per Second (FPS) NTSC/PAL ||30 ||30 ||60 ||60 |
| ||25 ||25 ||50 ||50 |
| || || ||30 || |
| || || ||25 || |
| Field of View (FOV) ||Medium ||Ultra Wide ||Ultra Wide ||Ultra Wide |
|Screen Resolution ||1920x1080 ||1280x960 ||1280x720 ||848x480 |
Photo Modes Overview:
- Burst Photo: 3 photos/1 second
- Time Lapse: 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30, 60 second intervals
- Still Photo:
- Resolution: 5MP
- Field of View (FOV): Wide
- Screen Resolution: 2592 x 1944
Image Quality + Optics:
- Still Photo: Capture a single photo.
- Burst Photo: Capture up to 3 photos per second.
- Time Lapse: Automatically capture a series of photos at timed intervals. Ideal for capturing photos when the camera is out of reach.
- Ultra-sharp 6-element spherical glass lens
- Fixed f/2.8 aperture
- Ultra wide angle field of view
Buy GoPro Accessories from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.Battery + Charging:
Battery Life - The chart below indicates the approximate continuous recording time (hr:min) you can expect when shooting in various video modes using a fully-charged battery.* (*Based on GoPro engineering testing. Actual performance may vary based on settings, environmental conditions and other factors. Maximum battery capacity will normally decrease with time and use.)
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Rated at 1050mAH, 3.7V, 3885mWh
| ||With Wi-Fi Off ||With Wi-Fi On + Using Wi-Fi Remote ||With Wi-Fi Off + Using LCD Touch BacPac™ |
|Video Mode || Estimated Time ||Estimated Time ||Estimated Time |
|1080p 30 fps ||2:15 ||2:00 ||1:30 |
|960p 30 fps || 2:45 ||2:30 ||1:45 |
|720 60 fps ||2:15 ||2:00 ||1:30 |
|720p 60 fps || 3:00 ||2:30 ||1:45 |
- Mono, 48kHz, AAC compression with AGC (automatic gain control)
- Supports optional 3.5mm stereo microphone adapter (sold separately)
- Mini USB:
- Connecting to a computer for playback/file transfer/charging
- Supports 3.5mm stereo microphone via optional adapter (sold separately)
- Supports playback to composite TV via optional cable (sold separately)
- Micro HDMI:
- Supports playback to HDTV via optional cable (sold separately)
Photo + Video Playback:
- microSD Class 4 or higher memory card recommended (Class 10 memory card required for 0.5 sec Time Lapse).
- Up to 64GB capacity supported
- Record times vary with resolutions and frame rates
Minimum system requirements for best playback on Mac® and Windows® PCs:
- HDTV: Micro HDMI to HDMI cable required (sold separately)
- TV: Mini USB to composite cable required (sold separately)
- LCD Touch BacPac™ (sold separately): Attach to your camera for preview and play back of videos and photos
- GoPro App (free): Use your smartphone or tablet to preview and play back videos and photos
- Computer: Connect via mini USB to USB cable (included), or copy files from the microSD card to your computer
- Mac OS® X 10.5 and later / Microsoft Windows® Vista, 7 and later
- 2nd generation Intel® Core™-based processor or AMD equivalent (3rd generation Intel Core-i7 recommended)
- 2GB RAM (4GB or greater recommended)
- Graphics processor comparable to an Intel HD Graphics 3000, nVidia GeForce 600 Series, AMD Radeon HD6000 Series or better
Buy GoPro Hero3 White Edition - Updated from Chain Reaction Cycles, the Worlds Largest Online Bicycle Store.