• Brakes were on display in our warehouse showroom
• Brakes are new unused and in excellent condition
• May show minor superficial imperfections to finish & signs of handling
• Any damage is minimal, purely superficial and in no way affects the items performance
• Fully inspected prior to sale
*** Please note brakes do not include rotors or additional mounts ***
Hayes HFX-Mag XC - Carbon
The Hayes stop well. On a dime. Plenty of power, in fact. The Hayes HFX-Mag XC Brakes can be used on both cross-country and All Mountain bikes and never found them wanting for sheer stopping power.
• Anti-rotation reach adjustment bushing
• 2-piece master cylinder design for easy removal
• Sintered metallic all-weather pad compound
• V6 Rotor – Not included
• Flip-flop design master cylinder allows for lever to be mounted on either side of bar
• Light weight carbon lever
• Weight: 430g
• Intended Use: XC/AM
*** Please not 6” rotor is not included ***
Rated 4 out of 5 by BigBear At $154 (CDN) a pair, this is a great deal.
These are old school Hayes Hydrallic Disc breaks. I've got a slightly older version of the same brakes on the bike that I'm replacing with these. I bought my old ones, used, in 2007, and had to fuss with them for a few hours to get the bleed correct, but they've been great since. Other than replacing pads they've given me trouble free service up until just recently. And I bought them used, I have no idea what they went through before I bought them. However, after 6 years of use they've developed a few problems insofar as the calipers are not releasing fully so I'm getting a little break rub. As well, some kind of blockage is preventing me from bleeding them. However they still work insofar as getting the bike stopped. I ride X country mountainous terrain and they run quiet except when they are wet or if they get heated up on a long steep downhill. I'm running them with Tektro 160mm discs. I've got a set of Hayes Nine's on another bike which are similar to these and with the exception of a the occasional bleed and replacing pads, they've given me trouble free service since 2005.
26 January 2014