Mavic Cosmic Carbone 80 Road Wheelset
A racers favorite, when aerodynamics makes the difference between the losers and the winner. After spending hours of wind tunnel testing, we designed one of the most aerodynamic spoked Wheel-Tyre System.
Rated by our Pro Teams as their favorite for flat races and sprints, they recognize CC80 makes the difference!
- SSC Wheel-Tyre System: the pros choice:
- Optimized Wheel-Tyre System: GripLink/PowerLink
- Distinctive full black - SSC graphics
- Highly aerodynamic Wheel-Tyre System, wind tunnel proven:
- 80mm deep dish rim
- Elliptical sidewalls, wide tyre bed
- 16/20 thin ultra bladed spokes on aero shaped hub flanges
- Excellent rolling efficiency:
- High quality adjustable cartridge bearings: QRM
- Stainless steel straight pull spokes, non drive side radial lacing
- Tubular only compatible
- Weight (pair of wheels): 1640 grams:
- front wheel: 725 grams
- pair of wheels with tyre - WTS: 2100 grams
- front wheel with tyre - WTS: 955 grams
Mavic Cosmic Carbone 80 Road Wheelset Features:
- Material: 100% woven 3K carbon fiber
- Colour: carbon
- Height: 80mm
- Drilling: traditional
- Eyelet: not eyeleted
- Brake track: carbon
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5mm
- Tyre: tubular
- ETRTO size: 28" tubular
- Recommended tyre sizes: 19 to 28mm
- Material: steel
- Shape: straight pull, bladed, double butted
- Colour: black
- Nipples: ABS, aluminum, black
- Count: front 16, rear 20
- Lacing: radial front and rear non-drive side, crossed 2 rear drive side
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Colour: black
- Front and rear axle material: aluminum
- FTS-L steel
- Yksion Pro Tubular Griplink (front) & Powerlink (rear) - 230g
- Link: GripLink
- Link: PowerLink
- Front and Rear Tread: Single Compound
- Casing: 210 TPI
- Breaker: Strong Nylon
- Dimension: 28"-23
- Max. Pressure: 11 bar/160 psi
- Colour: Black/SSC
- BR601 quick releases
- Carbon brake pads
- Valve extender
- Multifunction adjustment wrench
- User guide
Mavic Cosmic Carbone 80 Road Wheelset Technology:
GripLink - Grip and Control A front tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to hold the ground and control the bike. Therefore, GripLink tyres are optimized for front use, by offering a superior grip.
- The safest grip with great steering control: Dual compound “S ” with added Silica.
- Hold the road in any situation: light and supple high density casing.
- Reduced risk of flats: strong Nylon anti-puncture breaker.
Powerlink - Low rolling resistance A rear tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to transfer power and generate speed. Therefore, PowerLink tyres are optimized for rear use, by minimizing the rolling resistance.
- Superior energy transfer, reduced rolling resistance and safe grip: Dual compound.
- Improved drive: light and supple high density casing.
- Higher durability and reduced risk of flats: Dual compound and strong Nylon anti-puncture breaker.
FTS-L - Force Transfer System Light Reinforcement of key transmission components: the contact area between the pawl and the hub body is reinforced by 2 stainless steel inserts, which allows the use of a 100% aluminum hub body.
- Greater efficiency due to better transmission of efforts on the entire wheel.
- Lightweight and strong hub design.
QRM - Qualityé de Roulements Mavic Our most demanding level. Those cartridge bearings are of course double sealed with C3 internal clearance, and toped with a micro-adjustability system.
- Tight tolerances for high rolling efficiency.
- Quick adjustment according to performance goals: precision "free" adjustment for maximum fluidity, or perfect high precision setting for all-weather rides.
Buy Mavic Cosmic Carbone 80 Road Wheelset from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.