Mavic Cosmic Carbone SLE Road Wheelset
The best balance of aerodynamics and lightweight. Cosmic Carbone SLE offers a high level of aerodynamic efficiency and stiffness with no sacrifice in weight. Its long time proven carbon aluminum rim technology for clincher is further enhanced by the Exalith treatment, extra light spokes and extra smooth hubs.
- Material: Maxtal and 12K carbon fiber
- Colour: carbon
- Height: 52 mm
- Joint: SUP
- Drilling: traditional
- Eyelet: single
- Brake track: Exalith 2
- Weight reduction: ISM
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: clincher
- ETRTO size: 622x13C
- Recommended tyre sizes: 19 to 28 mm
- Material: steel
- Shape: straight pull, bladed, double butted
- Colour: black
- Nipples: ABS, front aluminum, rear brass
- Count: front 16, rear 20
- Lacing: radial front and rear non-drive side, crossed 2 rear drive side
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Colour: black
- Front and rear axle material: aluminum
- FTS-L steel
- Yksion Pro Griplink (front) & Powerlink (rear) - 190g
- Link: GripLink
- Link: PowerLink
- Front and Rear Tread: Dual Compound
- Casing: 127 TPI
- Breaker: superior Kevlar
- Dimension: 23-622 (700x23c)
- Max. Pressure: 9 bar / 130 psi
- Colour: Black / White
- BR601 quick releases
- Exalith brake pads
- Valve extender
- Multifonction adjustment wrench
- User guide
Weight (pair of wheels): 1620 grams:
- front wheel: 730 grams
- pair of wheels with tyre - WTS: 2190 grams
- front wheel with tyre - WTS: 1015 grams
Exalith 2 - High braking performance The Mavic exclusive Exalith 2 technology for aluminum rims has been refined to provide a very high level of durability and braking performance in all weather conditions.
- Braking distance shortened by 18% in wet conditions, while keeping pads wear to normal level.
- Exalith treatment penetrates the alloy to delay rim wear and maintain distinctive anthracite grey color for thousands of kilometers.
- New special black Mavic Exalith 2 brake pads to ensure quiet and high braking performance and longevity (delivered with the wheels).
GripLink - Grip and Control A front tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to hold the ground and control the bike. Therefore, GripLink tyres are optimized for front use, by offering a superior grip.
- The safest grip with great steering control: Dual compound “S ” with added Silica.
- Hold the road in any situation: light and supple high density casing.
- Reduced risk of flats: strong Nylon anti-puncture breaker.
Powerlink - Low rolling resistance A rear tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to transfer power and generate speed. Therefore, PowerLink tyres are optimized for rear use, by minimizing the rolling resistance.
- Superior energy transfer, reduced rolling resistance and safe grip: Dual compound.
- Improved drive: light and supple high density casing.
- Higher durability and reduced risk of flats: Dual compound and strong Nylon anti-puncture breaker.
FTS-L - Force Transfer System Light Reinforcement of key transmission components: the contact area between the pawl and the hub body is reinforced by 2 stainless steel inserts, which allows the use of a 100% aluminum hub body.
- Greater efficiency due to better transmission of efforts on the entire wheel.
- Lightweight and strong hub design.
QRM - Qualité de Roulements Mavic Our most demanding level. Those cartridge bearings are of course double sealled with C3 internal clearance, and toped with a micro-adjustability system.
- Tight tolerances for high rolling efficiency.
- Quick adjustment according to performance goals: precision "free" adjustment for maximum fluidity, or perfect high precision setting for all-weather rides.
ISM - Low inertia Inter Spoke Milling. Lighter rim and equal rigidity is the magic equation to reduce inertia and to free extra power for climbing. A Mavic patented exclusive concept (US 6 402 256).
- Lighter: easier and faster climbing
- Less inertia: instant and effortless acceleration
SUP - Stronger and smoother joint Soudé Usiné Process. After bending, the rim joint is arc welded. The welded seam is then milled for a smooth finish.
- Extremely strong rim joint.
- Eliminates shuddering when braking.
- Superior wheel balance.
Maxtal - Light and strong Exclusive to Mavic, this specific aluminum alloy offers a higher weight to strength ratio than conventional 6106 alloy.
- 30% more resistant rims
- Lighter rims
Buy Mavic Wheelsets from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.