Mavic Cosmic Carbone Ultimate Road Wheelset
Light AND aerodynamic, the Cosmic Carbone Ultimate is the Wheel-Tyre System to beat for aerodynamic wheels. The Wheel-Tyre System chosen most often by Pro Tour teams. This wheel has demonstrated its world class performance with prestigious results: UCI world champion, Tour de France Polka Dot jersey, victories on many Classics. This Wheel-Tyre System can do it all.
- SSC Wheel-Tyre System: the pros choice:
- Optimized Wheel-Tyre System: GripLink / PowerLink
- Distinctive full black - SSC graphics
- Extremely light (1185 grams) and amazingly aerodynamic:
- Monobloc full carbon construction.
- Aero all over: 40 mm elliptical rim sidewalls, profiled spokes and hubs.
- The stiffest carbon Wheel-Tyre System on the market:
- 40 mm deep rim profile, no spoke drilling
- Asymmetrical rear rim profile 100% carbon spokes
- Weight (pair of wheels): 1185 grams:
- front wheel: 520 grams
- pair of wheels with tyre - WTS: 1645 grams
- front wheel with tyre - WTS: 750 grams
Mavic Cosmic Carbone Ultimate Road Features:
- Material: 100% woven 12K carbon fiber
- Colour: carbon
- Height: 40 mm, rear asymmetrical
- Drilling: no holes, spokes molded to the rim
- Brake track: carbon
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: tubular
- ETRTO size: 28" tubular
- Recommended tyre sizes: 19 to 28 mm
- Material: unidirectional carbon fiber
- Shape: R2R
- Colour: carbon
- Nipples: brass, ABS
- Count: 20 front and rear
- Lacing: crossed 2 front and rear drive side, radial non drive side
- Front body: Front 100% carbon
- Rear body: aluminum
- Colour: front carbon, rear black
- Front axle material: aluminum
- Rear axle material: titanium and aluminum
- FTS-L steel
- Yksion Pro Tubular Griplink (front) & Powerlink (rear) - 230 g
- Link: GripLink
- Link: PowerLink
- Front and Rear Tread: Single Compound
- Casing: 210 TPI
- Breaker: Strong Nylon
- Dimension: 28"-23
- Max. Pressure: 11 bar / 160 psi
- Colour: Black / SSC
- BR601 Titanium quick realeases
- Carbon brake pads
- Valve extender
- Computer magnet (front wheel)
- Multifonction adjustment wrench
- User guide
Mavic Cosmic Carbone Ultimate Road Technology:
R2R - Lighter, stiffer, stronger Rim to Rim. R2R spokes consists in a unique spoke that travel from one side of the rim to the other through the hub, which cuts spoke count by 2, resulting in only 1 spoke instead of 2.
- Better aerodynamics: smooth integration of the spoke to the hub flanges
- Lighter: carbon spokes are lighter than alloy ones
- Stiffer: unidirectional carbon fiber spokes have a greater resistance to traction
- Stronger: since R2R reduces the number of spoke in half, it cuts the chances of spoke breakage by 2
GripLink - Grip and Control A front tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to hold the ground and control the bike. Therefore, GripLink tyres are optimized for front use, by offering a superior grip.
- The safest grip with great steering control: Dual compound “S ” with added Silica.
- Hold the road in any situation: light and supple high density casing.
- Reduced risk of flats: strong Nylon anti-puncture breaker.
Powerlink - Low rolling resistance A rear tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to transfer power and generate speed. Therefore, PowerLink tyres are optimized for rear use, by minimizing the rolling resistance.
- Superior energy transfer, reduced rolling resistance and safe grip: Dual compound.
- Improved drive: light and supple high density casing.
- Higher durability and reduced risk of flats: Dual compound and strong Nylon anti-puncture breaker.
FTS-L - Force Transfer System Light Reinforcement of key transmission components: the contact area between the pawl and the hub body is reinforced by 2 stainless steel inserts, which allows the use of a 100% aluminum hub body.
- Greater efficiency due to better transmission of efforts on the entire wheel.
- Lightweight and strong hub design.
QRM - Qualité de Roulements Mavic Our most demanding level. Those cartridge bearings are of course double sealled with C3 internal clearance, and toped with a micro-adjustability system.
- Tight tolerances for high rolling efficiency.
- Quick adjustment according to performance goals: precision "free" adjustment for maximum fluidity, or perfect high precision setting for all-weather rides.
Buy Mavic Cosmic Carbone Ultimate Road Wheelset from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.