Mavic Cosmic CXR 80 Tubular Road Rear Wheel
The 1st Wheel-Tyre System that flows as a single unit for time trial, triathlon and flat races. The first tubular Wheel-Tyre System featuring the CX01 blades to unify the system and cheat the wind. Visible, impactful and recognized by the world's most famous wind tunnels, saving up to 1.25 sec per kilometer against the closest competitor.
- Material: 100% woven 3K carbon fiber
- Colour: carbon
- Height: 80 mm, Width: 27 mm with CX01 groves
- Drilling: traditional
- Eyelet: not eyeleted
- Brake track: carbon
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: tubular
- ETRTO size: 28" tubular
- Recommended tyre size: 23 mm
- Material: steel
- Shape: straight pull, bladed, double butted 2.0-1.6
- Shape: straight pull, bladed, double butted
- Colour: black
- Nipples: ABS, aluminum, black
- Count: rear 20
- Lacing: radial rear non-drive side, crossed 2 rear drive side
- Body: carbon center tube and aluminum flanges
- Colour: carbon center tube and black flanges
- Front and rear axle material: aluminum
- FTS-L steel
- Link: GripLink
- Link: PowerLink
- Front and Rear Tread: Single Compound
- Casing: 210 TPI
- Breaker: Strong Nylon
- Dimension: 28"-23
- Max. Pressure: 11 bar / 160 psi
- Specific aero shape for Cosmic CXR rim profile
- To be used with CX01 Blades (CX01 Blades are not compatible with any other tyre)
- Colour: Black / SSC
- BR601 quick releases
- CXR specific carbon brake pads
- Valve extender
- Multifonction adjustment wrench
- User guide
CX01 - Faster in every way Mavic CX01 Technology delivers an integrated Wheel-Tyre System that smoothes air flow around the tyre and wheel and improves laminar airflow at every yaw angle. It enables Cosmic CXR wheels to deliver the lowest aerodynamic drag ever measured on a road Wheel-Tyre System.
- Minimizes turbulence at rim/tire interface to reduce aerodynamic drag.
- Saves time at every yaw angle.
Powerlink - Low rolling resistance A rear tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to transfer power and generate speed. Therefore, PowerLink tyres are optimized for rear use, by minimizing the rolling resistance.
- Superior energy transfer, reduced rolling resistance and safe grip: Dual compound.
- Improved drive: light and supple high density casing.
- Higher durability and reduced risk of flats: Dual compound and strong Nylon anti-puncture breaker.
FTS-L - Force Transfer System Light Reinforcement of key transmission components: the contact area between the pawl and the hub body is reinforced by 2 stainless steel inserts, which allows the use of a 100% aluminum hub body.
- Greater efficiency due to better transmission of efforts on the entire wheel.
- Lightweight and strong hub design.
QRM - Qualité de Roulements Mavic Our most demanding level. Those cartridge bearings are of course double sealled with C3 internal clearance, and toped with a micro-adjustability system.
- Tight tolerances for high rolling efficiency.
- Quick adjustment according to performance goals: precision "free" adjustment for maximum fluidity, or perfect high precision setting for all-weather rides.
Buy Mavic Wheels from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.