Mavic R-SYS SLR WTS Tubular Road Wheelset
The lightest alloy wheelset available. Only exclusive Mavic technologies could make this wheel possible. Low inertia, light weight and responsiveness reach their maximum. All this with no compromise on reliability. The perfect wheel for the most demanding climbers.
- Material: Maxtal
- Colour: Exalith
- Height: 22mm
- Joint: SUP
- Drilling: Fore
- Brake track: Exalith 2
- Weight reduction: ISM 3D
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5mm
- Tyre: tubular
- ETRTO size: 28" tubular
- Recommended tyre sizes: 19 to 32mm
- Material: carbon fiber (front and rear non drive side) and Zicral (rear drive side)
- Shape: Tracomp tubular (front and rear non drive side) and straight pull bladed and double butted (rear drive side)
- Colour: carbon with black nipples and heads (front and rear non drive side), black (rear drive side)
- Nipples: integrated M7 aluminum with dry thread lock
- Count: front 16, rear 20
- Lacing: radial front and rear non-drive side, crossed 2 rear drive side
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Colour: black
- Front and rear axle material: aluminum
- QRM SL
- FTS-L steel
- Yksion Pro Tubular Griplink (front) & Powerlink (rear) - 230g
- Link: GripLink
- Link: PowerLink
- Front and Rear Tread: Single Compound
- Casing: 210 TPI
- Breaker: Strong Nylon
- Dimension: 28"-23
- Max. Pressure: 11 bar/160 psi
- Colour: Black/SSC
- BR601 quick releases
- Computer magnet (front wheel)
- Multifunction adjustment wrench
- Tracomp ring tool
- User guide
Weight (pair of wheels): 1275 grams:
- front wheel: 550 grams
- pair of wheels with tyre - WTS: 1735 grams
- front wheel with tyre - WTS: 780 grams
Exalith 2 - High braking performance The Mavic exclusive Exalith 2 technology for aluminum rims has been refined to provide a very high level of durability and braking performance in all weather conditions.
- Braking distance shortened by 18% in wet conditions, while keeping pads wear to normal level.
- Exalith treatment penetrates the alloy to delay rim wear and maintain distinctive anthracite grey color for thousands of kilometers.
- New special black Mavic Exalith 2 brake pads to ensure quiet and high braking performance and longevity (delivered with the wheels).
GripLink - Grip and Control A front tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to hold the ground and control the bike. Therefore, GripLink tyres are optimized for front use, by offering a superior grip.
- The safest grip with great steering control: Dual compound “S ” with added Silica.
- Hold the road in any situation: light and supple high density casing.
- Reduced risk of flats: strong Nylon anti-puncture breaker.
Powerlink - Low rolling resistance A rear tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to transfer power and generate speed. Therefore, PowerLink tyres are optimized for rear use, by minimizing the rolling resistance.
- Superior energy transfer, reduced rolling resistance and safe grip: Dual compound.
- Improved drive: light and supple high density casing.
- Higher durability and reduced risk of flats: Dual compound and strong Nylon anti-puncture breaker.
FTS-L - Force Transfer System Light Reinforcement of key transmission components: the contact area between the pawl and the hub body is reinforced by 2 stainless steel inserts, which allows the use of a 100% aluminum hub body.
- Greater efficiency due to better transmission of efforts on the entire wheel.
- Lightweight and strong hub design.
QRM SL - Qualityé de Roulements Mavic Super Light The super light bearings are designed having in mind the QRM strict specifications. The matching hub axles are machined within extremely narrow tolerances, then one by one adjusted with very high precision when assembled.
- Up to 12% lighter that QRM system
- Tight tolerances for optimized rolling efficiency
SUP - Stronger and smoother joint Soudé Usiné Process. After bending, the rim joint is arc welded. The welded seam is then milled for a smooth finish.
- Extremely strong rim joint.
- Eliminates shuddering when braking.
- Superior wheel balance.
Maxtal - Light and strong Exclusive to Mavic, this specific aluminum alloy offers a higher weight to strength ratio than conventional 6106 alloy.
- 30% more resistant rims
- Lighter rims
Fore - Stiffer and stronger Instead of being drilled, the lower rim bridge is pushed on the inside, then threaded to enable the spoke nipples to be directly screwed in it, leaving the upper rim bridge intact.
- Rim is 4 times more resistant to fatigue stress
- 20% increase in the rim rigidity to maximize power transfer
Zicral - A specific aluminum alloy that provides spokes with higher stiffness to weight ratio while being stronger.
- Lighter spokes for easier climbing
- Stiffer spokes for better energy transmission
- Stronger spokes for increased durability
ISM 3D - Super low inertia Inter Spoke Milling 3 Dimension. ISM3D pushes the envelope of ISM one step further by not only machining the lower bridge of the rim between each spoke holes, but also its sidewalls.
- Lighter: easier and faster climbing
- Less inertia: instant and effortless acceleration
Tracomp - Light & Stiff Traction Compression. Extremely light Tracomp carbon fiber spokes works in traction and compression to provide a very high stiffness level in any circumstances.
- Under normal loads, wheel deflection is limited by the very high traction resistance of carbon fibers
- Under greater loads, where a normal wheel would flex more because of one of its spoke loosening, Tracomp spokes enter into compression and keep supporting the rim, preventing any further wheel deflection
Buy Mavic Wheelset from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.