Mavic R-SYS Road Wheelset
Light and stiff as ever, further enhanced by the GripLink/PowerLink Yksion Pro tyres. R-Sys remains as light and as stiff as ever thanks to the exclusive Tracomp Technology. These unique characteristics are now boosted by our Yksion Pro GripLink and Yksion Pro PowerLink tyres, completing the overall WTS design impact.
- Material: Maxtal
- Color: black anodized
- Height: front 22mm, rear 25mm asymmetrical
- Joint: SUP
- Drilling: Fore
- Brake track: UB Control
- Weight reduction: ISM
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5mm
- Tyre: clincher
- ETRTO size: 622x15C
- Recommended tyre sizes: 19 to 32mm
- Material: carbon fiber (front and rear non drive side) and Zicral (rear drive side)
- Shape: Tracomp tubular (front and rear non drive side) and straight pull round (rear drive side)
- Color: carbon with black nipples and heads (front and rear non drive side), black (rear drive side)
- Nipples: integrated M7 aluminum with dry thread lock
- Count: front 16, rear 20
- Lacing: radial front and rear non-drive side, crossed 2 rear drive side
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Color: black
- Front and rear axle material: aluminum
- FTS-L steel
- Yksion Pro Griplink (front) & Powerlink (rear) - 190g
- Link: GripLink
- Link: PowerLink
- Front and Rear Tread: Dual Compound
- Casing: 127 TPI
- Breaker: superior Kevlar
- Dimension: 23-622 (700x23c)
- Max. Pressure: 9 bar/130 psi
- Color: Black/White
Weight (pair of wheels): 1355 grams
- Front wheel: 575 grams
- pair of wheels with tyre - WTS: 1895 grams
- front wheel with tyre - WTS: 845 grams
- BR601 quick releases
- Computer magnet (front wheel)
- Multifonction adjustment wrench
- Tracomp ring tool
- User guide
Tracomp - Light & Stiff Traction Compression. Extremely light Tracomp carbon fiber spokes works in traction and compression to provide a very high stiffness level in any circumstances.
- Under normal loads, wheel deflection is limited by the very high traction resistance of carbon fibers
- Under greater loads, where a normal wheel would flex more because of one of its spoke loosening, Tracomp spokes enter into compression and keep supporting the rim, preventing any further wheel deflection
GripLink - Grip and Control A front tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to hold the ground and control the bike. Therefore, GripLink tyres are optimized for front use, by offering a superior grip.
- The safest grip with great steering control: Dual compound “S ” with added Silica.
- Hold the road in any situation: light and supple high density casing.
- Reduced risk of flats: strong Nylon anti-puncture breaker.
Powerlink - Low rolling resistance A rear tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to transfer power and generate speed. Therefore, PowerLink tyres are optimized for rear use, by minimizing the rolling resistance.
- Superior energy transfer, reduced rolling resistance and safe grip: Dual compound.
- Improved drive: light and supple high density casing.
- Higher durability and reduced risk of flats: Dual compound and strong Nylon anti-puncture breaker.
ISM - Low inertia Inter Spoke Milling. Lighter rim and equal rigidity is the magic equation to reduce inertia and to free extra power for climbing. A Mavic patented exclusive concept (US 6 402 256).
- Lighter: easier and faster climbing
- Less inertia: instant and effortless acceleration
FTS-L - Force Transfer System Light Reinforcement of key transmission components: the contact area between the pawl and the hub body is reinforced by 2 stainless steel inserts, which allows the use of a 100% aluminum hub body.
- Greater efficiency due to better transmission of efforts on the entire wheel.
- Lightweight and strong hub design.
QRM - Qualité de Roulements Mavic Our most demanding level. Those cartridge bearings are of course double sealled with C3 internal clearance, and toped with a micro-adjustability system.
- Tight tolerances for high rolling efficiency.
- Quick adjustment according to performance goals: precision "free" adjustment for maximum fluidity, or perfect high precision setting for all-weather rides.
Fore - Stiffer and stronger Instead of being drilled, the lower rim bridge is pushed on the inside, then threaded to enable the spoke nipples to be directly screwed in it, leaving the upper rim bridge intact.
- Rim is 4 times more resistant to fatigue stress
- 20% increase in the rim rigidity to maximize power transfer
SUP - Stronger and smoother joint Soudé Usiné Process. After bending, the rim joint is arc welded. The welded seam is then milled for a smooth finish.
- Extremely strong rim joint.
- Eliminates shuddering when braking.
- Superior wheel balance.
Maxtal - Light and strong Exclusive to Mavic, this specific aluminum alloy offers a higher weight to strength ratio than conventional 6106 alloy.
- 30% more resistant rims
- Lighter rims
Zicral - A specific aluminum alloy that provides spokes with higher stiffness to weight ratio while being stronger.
- Lighter spokes for easier climbing
- Stiffer spokes for better energy transmission
- Stronger spokes for increased durability
Buy Mavic Wheelset from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.