Mizuno Wave Kazan Womens Trail Running Shoes
Wave kazan: take the mizuno running experience off-road in our most versatile and technically advanced trail shoe ever.
The Wave Kazan derives its name from the Samurai battle standard of “Furin Kazan” meaning “move as swift as the wind, stay as silent as the forest, attack as fierce as fire, and be as undefeatable as the mountain”. The striking upper design was patterned after topography and Japanese rock gardens.
- Our most versatile, all-terrain trail shoe lets you glide smoothly over any type of terrain.
- A Concave Wave cradles the heel against excessive movement, while a midfoot “X” groove allows the heel and forefoot to move independently and adapt to uneven terrain.
- The ultra-aggressive x-studded outsole pattern is strategically patterned to provide optimal grip and traction while still allowing for optimal flexibility where needed.
- And at just 9.5oz., the Wave Kazan is light enough for a fast day on the trails, yet rugged and protected enough for an epic, 100 mile ultra.
- Weight: 9.5oz
Mizuno Wave Technology®
The genesis for Wave came as our engineers studied the way nature deals with impact forces. From sound waves to tidal waves, waveforms spread and dissipate energy incredibly quickly. Inspired by nature’s simple efficiency, we created the world’s first and most effective mechanical midsole--the Mizuno Wave. Unlike other shoe technologies, as your foot touches the ground, Wave actually reduces and redirects impact forces away from your foot. Wave acts much like your car’s suspension—offering cushioning and keeping your foot centered in your shoe throughout your stride. Our engineers have developed multiple Wave shapes, so we can gear different shoes to fit the unique strides of different runners. And Wave’s compact form keeps the shoe sleeker and lighter than competitive systems. So whether you’re jogging around the neighborhood or blasting past the 20-mile marker, Wave always feels amazing underfoot.
- Disperses impact forces away from foot
- Progressive, tuneable support
- Lightweight, compact, responsive
- Doesn’t break down over time
The U4ic midsole delivers optimal shock attenuation, durability and a superior ride that's 30% lighter than AP+. Innovatively light and well cushioned, discover your next brilliant run with U4ic.
A shoe upper that moves with you. The best running gear is gear that allows you to get the most out of your natural ability. It simply works with your body. When our engineers studied the way muscles and skin moved on the foot as you run, we realized that we could design a shoe upper that mirrored that motion so that the shoe almost feels like a second skin. That discovery was the beginning of Dynamotion Fit. From heel strike to mid stride to toe off, Dynamotion Fit is all about creating a shoe that works with your foot through the design and materials we use to create it. As your foot twists, bends, and stretches in each step, the shoe upper moves with you. Flex Eyelets help keep your heel secure throughout your stride by allowing the upper to stretch and contract as needed. And Stretch Mesh eliminates bunching and pulling that can create discomfort and even blisters--especially at toe-off. Together, the features of Dynamotion Fit create a shoe that gets out of your way, so you can become the best runner you can be.
- Emulates the motion of your foot
- Secure fit that still freely moves
- Eliminates bunching, pulling, and sliding
Fluid motion at every step of your run. SmoothRide is the result of years of development designed to the most fluid, smooth, rocking-chair-like motion in every step. Smoothride begins working the moment your foot touches the ground. Flex Grooves in the heel promote natural movement from the back of your foot to the front, initiating that rocking-chair motion. Our AP+ Midsole gives the shoe a bouncier feel. And Flex Grooves and Flex Controllers in the forefoot work together to smoothly continue the roll forward to give your foot a more solid platform at toe-off. It all adds up to a more fluid, enjoyable run, every time you head out.
- Smooth, rocking motion throughout your stride
- Increased flexibility
- More power at toe-off
Buy Mizuno Footwear from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.