Rated 4 out of 5 by polterizer Well-made ready to go tubeless system
Excellent quality product. Flawless rubber, even if it's a little hard to perfectly position the strip onto the rim. Must have for practical tubeless installation on non-tubeless rims even with non-tubeless tyres. Removable valve core makes the replacement/addition of the sealant so easy and disaster-proof.
15 November 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Anonymous Лента 19-25мм подходит для широких ободов, для узких 26-29"(19-22мм) она не годится.
12 May 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous Excelente producto, mejor relacion calidad- precio que el notubes, viene con un obus de repuesto el adaptador para el compresor de gasolineras y la llave para desmontar el obus. Si compras un bote de latex mas este kit solo tendras que añadir cinta aislante y tienes un kit completo a menor precio.
24 January 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous brill
been using this system over a year now, hit all the areas i used to pinchflat no promlem
14 July 2009
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous Great bit of Kit
I generally have at least one flat per trail ride (usually the rear) I ride the Breacon Beacons and have been using Joe's for the last dozen or so rides - NO FLATS - I'm sold. For those who have problems fitting them, may I suggest you RTFI first.
30 August 2008
Rated 3 out of 5 by Anonymous I have been using these for six months+ now and was happy as larry until this weekend. I got a fairly large puncture but the hole was sealed quickly by me applying pressure to the hole - Excellent! apart from when I went to add some air to the tyre as it had lost a fair bit of air (doesnt normally lose much which is a +)I begun pumping and the valve tore in the strip and let everythind out! I contacted Joes today and because I threw the strip and valve away, they wont send a replacement. So I wasnt so lucky with the customer service(See previous entries)I would now think twice about using the presta valved strips as this is the second one to go.I have had the rim checked for damage in case it split the valve but nothing. On the plus side, I have the schrader valves on another bike and they are still going strong.
21 April 2008
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous steep learning curve but worthy experiment
These were a complete PITA the first time, but now I have it down to a fine art, and actually enjoy changing tires to test them, for anyone considering; the issues are:
1) chainreaction still show the image (and some of the strips still ship) with the possibility of having the strip poking out beneath the tire, having the strip inside is the only way to get a perfectly seated tyre and one that does not squirm under hard cornering, or lose air under hard braking (have 203mm rotors up front). The newer instructions reflect this: http://www.no-flats.com/media/ENGLISH.PDF
2) the specialized alex and DT rims are too thin for schrader version, but the thinner strip only comes in a presta valve: take your pick to either trip the schrader version or use presta instead
3) the sealant comes with little lumps of latex which settle quicker than flies on a turd, and block up even the small applicator bottle, so best shake 500ml bottle and serve in a 60ml (or whatever serving you like) cup into a tyre that is on one side and on all but the last bit on the second side.
4) with stiff tyres (panaracer Fire XC) you can use a minipump if you brush 10ml washing up liquid 10ml water around the rim / bead first 9mix in a bottle top). This slow approach allows the tyre to seat as true as possible on the rim. Lightweight tyres are a bit more of a handful.
5) if you use a co2 or compressor, either wear big gloves or hold the tyre with a big cloth / blanket, and wear ear plugs / clear goggles, because if you hand was bare when these tyre goes off the rim you would lose the fingernails and have black and blue hands for a week, let alone the ringing ears!
6) be ready for leaks at beginning, shaking the liquid inside the wheel into the holes.
you can feel the acceleration difference, and the plusher ride, however, I am still getting used to it and don’t corner like a demon on them (yet!)
11 April 2008
Rated 3 out of 5 by Anonymous These are OK, but no where near as good or easy to use as a full UST rim/tyre setup.
11 March 2008