Nukeproof Mega AM Frame - Monarch- Cosmetic Damage
Recycled items have imperfections or suffered wear during the course of sale here at Chain Reaction Cycles. They include Ex-Display, Ex-Demo, Cosmetic Damage or Refurbished items that have been returned by customers, repaired by suppliers or have scratches or minor damage from transport or display.
STATUS: COSMETIC DAMAGE
· Minor superficial marking due to previously poor packaging
· Brand new and unused, very small superficial dent to head tube
· Chip to decal on top side of shock on air can
· Small paint chip to underside of top tube and to non-drive side front shock mount
· Excellent condition throughout
· Fully inspected prior to sale
*** Please note frame comes with Warhead 44IISS TR Headset fitted, minor head tube damage has been repaired ***
Nukeproof Mega AM Frame
The original Nukeproof Mega was inspired by the explosion in Enduro-style DH events, taking its name and its cues from the daddy of them all – the Megavalanche
For 2013 we’ve given the Mega AM a makeover, with an all-new custom hydroformed tubeset for increased front-end stiffness and improved strength-to-weight ratio, plus an additional 10mm rear travel – now 160mm – offering ultimate stability and confidence on the most gnarly of Alpine descents.
Now designed to take forks with up to 180mm travel, the Mega AM combines downhill prowess with pedalling efficiency – perfect for the unique challenges thrown up by competitive Enduro events, Alpine trips, All-Mountain adventures or tough, technical riding where uplifts aren’t an option.
Suspension-wise, the Mega uses our 'Erosion' linkage giving a smooth progressive action with a well controlled mid-stroke to avoid wallowing under pedal loads.
Oversize main pivot bearings are contained in a bespoke CNC-machined Bottom Bracket assembly to ensure alignment, durability and precision, while an asymmetric chainstay design gives clearance for a front derailleur and compatibility with all leading models of ISCG 05 - mounted chain retention systems.
Geometry is based around a slack 66deg head angle and 72deg seat angle, with a long wheelbase keeping the centre of gravity low for optimum stability at speed.
A 44mm headset standard keeps the front of the bike light, with Nukeproof headset options allowing flush internal, flush top/external bottom, tapered or 1.5in headset compatibility, while at the rear, a 142mm x 12mm thru-axle keeps things planted.
The Mega AM also features removable cable guides for a ‘gravity dropper’ adjustable seatpost, as well as internal cable routing for a RockShox Reverb Stealth post.
Nukeproof Mega AM Frame Features:
· All Mountain/Enduro race frame
· Custom hydroformed T6 6061 Aluminium tubeset
· 160mm travel
· Fork range: 160mm to 180mm
· True 44mm headtube
· Removable cable guides for dropper post, also internal cable routing for RockShox Reverb Stealth post
· ISCG 05
Nukeproof Mega AM Frame Specifications:
· Head angle: 66 degrees
· Seat angle: 72 degrees
· Shock length: 216mm x 63mm
· Shock: RockShox Monarch Plus RC3
· Seatpost: 31.6mm
· Rear axle: 135mm/142mm x 12mm (142mm as standard)
· Chainstay length: 440mm
· BB shell: 73mm
· BB height: +9.6mm
· Direct mount front derailleur
· Weight: 3.21Kg – 7.06lbs – Small (No Shock)
· Size S (15.6”)
If you're not completely satisfied with an item you may return it within 12 months of purchase. We'll give you a full refund if the item hasn't been used or the component hasn’t been fitted.More information on returns