The stand originally designed for the mechanics of the Tour de France winning US Postal Pro Cycling team. Now available to professional and home mechanics everywhere. Compact, Euro-style work stand holds the bike securely without clamping the frame tubes or seat post. Ideal for ultra lightweight frame tubes or seatposts and for bikes with tight access areas that can't be clamped.
Park Tool Team Race PRS20 Workstand Features:
Quick release mounts hold bike securely by front or rear dropouts
Vinyl covered cradle and quick release retention strap stabilize bottom bracket
Folds to 33" for easy transport and storage
Stable tripod base
Built in "sleeping hub" allows easy chain cleaning with rear wheel removed
Bottom bracket height quickly adjusts from 28" to 38"
Works with 100 to 135 mm axles
360° horizontal rotation
Durable blue powder coat and chrome plated finish
Buy Park Tool Team Race PRS20 Workstands from Chain Reaction Cycles, the world's largest online bicycle store.
Rated 4 out of 5 by TumshieHeed Built Like A Tank To Do Everything You Need
The Park Tools PRS-20 is built like a tank.
On the PLUS SIDE:
1. it is very simple to assemble.
2. It is very versatile with full-circle rotation for easy work environment.
3. It is vertically adjustable - a real plus saving your back when spending time on your bike maintenance.
4. It holds road and MTB frames.
5. The skewer-style fork mounts are super safe and quick to engage.
6. The rear mount at the bottom bracket copes easily with all sorts of frame shapes.
7. The security strap over the BB mount locks the bike frame and holds it firmly in place when maintaining your precious bike.
8. It is compact and quickly folds down to stow away easily.
On the NEGATIVE SIDE:
1. The chrome finishing is not the highest quality.
2. Some assembly bolds should be either chromed or painted with a quality finish.
3. The security strap might be better with a skewer style locking system.
4. The front fork mounting bracket should be less loose.
5. The locking wheel of the front fork mounting bracket should have a nylon contact surface and not non-chromed steel on chromed steel.
6. The rubber feet should be flatter rather than rounder to allow greater traction and longer wear life.
None of these negatives are such as would stop me buying the stand and are more niggling issues than major problems. However, addressing these small maters would add to the quality, desirability and sellability of the stand.
As for Chain Reaction their service was OUTSTANDING.
Other resellers wanted prohibitive shipping costs but Chain Reaction shipped it to me free using Parcel Force which gave me tracking.
Overall a great stand which should last you many years.
Good job Chain Reaction!
24 October 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous Fantastic Investment
This is a great workstand for carrying out simple bike maintenance and even doing a complete rebuild. The mounting options allow for both a mtb or road bike (handy if you own both) and folds down easily.
Two main reasons for choosing this style and Park Tool model.
1. The bike is not held on an angle by the seat post like some of the other brands. This model holds you bike level so you can make adjustments alot easier and there is no mounting clamp to mark your expensive carbon seatpost.
This particular model (PRS20) comes with a rubber strap that goes over your frame to hold it down nice and tight against the bottom bracket craddle. This is a very important feature so the bike frame does not move around. Not sure it would work very well without this small detail.
The adjustable height will save your back from leaning down all the time and allows you to get into all the hard to clean areas very easily when washing your bike. The construction and materials it is made from is first class and v.easy to put together.
This is the best investment I have made. Given the size of the item for freight, find a few parts or tools to buy while you are shopping to ensure you spend over the amount required for free postage.
08 June 2011
Was this helpful?helpful0unhelpful0http://answers.chainreactioncycles.com/answers/5230-en_gb/product/prod7859/question/1072985/undohelpfulness.djs?format=embeddedhtml&sessionparams=__BVSESSIONPARAMS__&return=__RETURN__&innerreturn=http%3A%2F%2Fanswers.chainreactioncycles.com%2Fanswers%2F5230-en_gb%2Fproduct%2Fprod7859%2Fquestions.djs%3Fformat%3Dembeddedhtml%26scrolltotop%3Dtrue%26expandquestion%3D1072985&user=__USERID__&authsourcetype=__AUTHTYPE__&submissionparams=__BVSUBMISSIONPARAMETERS__&submissionurl=__BVSUBMISSIONURL__