• This frame was previously on display in our warehouse showroom
• New and unused, very minor signs of handling
• Headset, rear hanger, seatclamp all included
• Frame has been examined and tested prior to listing
Principia Ellipse SX
Tapered seat and down tubes, along with Ellipse Project fork, head tube, bottom bracket and dropout propel the Ellipse ahead of the pack in STW (stiffness to weight) testing. The SX Differential Slope variant progresses from a standard 6 cm slope, to a moderate 3 cm slope on larger sizes.
• Tube Insert Welding - Unglamorous and invisible, but definitely important. The tubes are fitted inside each other rather than on top of each other, i.e. the seat tube is inserted into the bottom bracket and the top tube into the head tube. It allows for closer tolerances, better weld quality and saves excess material. This all adds up to a lighter frame, without any sacrifice on the parts of safety or performance.
• SX Geometry - SX Differential Slope Geometry varies the amount of slope according to frame size. The smaller frames get a more dramatic slope, while the larger frames feature only a moderate slope. In a sense, the work on the SX slope technology began 4 years ago, when Principia introduced the S6 (6 centimetre slope) technology. What we found was that while the S6 slope was perfect for the smaller sizes, it often produced an un-aesthetic and structurally unsound seatpost length, on the larger frame sizes. The SX technology is a new, individual approach to sloping frame geometries, ensuring a proper fit for all frame sizes.
• Colour - Anodized Black
• Size – 53cm
Due to the frame geometry internal cable routing is not possible on sizes below 53 cm***
- Delivers toUnited States of America
365 Days return or exchange
If you're not completely satisfied with an item you may return it within 12 months of purchase. We'll give you a full refund if the item hasn't been used or fitted.
More information on returns
Bank Transfer, PayPal or Card