STATUS: COSMETIC DAMAGE
• Bike is new, unused and in excellent condition
• Shows minor superficial scratching non drive side chain stay
• Minor signs of handling & storage
• New rear wheel fitted
• Fully inspected prior to sale
Ruption Friction BMX Bike
The Friction, With the first 3 piece crank in the range, this is designed to really last when doing big tricks on all round riding, We would consider this the true entry level cycle for anyone that wants quality and is looking to take up bmx as a hobby or as a first proper bicycle…
3 piece cranks are excellent because they are not only far lighter than the one piece but they are easier to assemble and last allot longer. These have many advantages such as ease of maintenance due to simple Allen key fittings being used, ease of parts sourcing if you were to ever break any part of these rather than having to replace the whole lot and they look super smart too!
Micro gearing is great, this is because by using a special ‘cassette’ Hub on the rear wheel you can have a smaller chain wheel on the back and that allows for an even smaller one on the front, You will still have all the same pedaling efficiency but you will gain lots of improvement for your bikes performance such as weight loss due to smaller parts and a shorter chain, Smoother running because cassette hubs are more efficient, and this even helps prevent damage to your bike as there is no large chain ring to bash on foreign objects anymore…
One of the first things that are improved for the Ruption range is the frame design, with tubes that meet the seat tubing for a cleaner look, there is no extra long top tube anymore either so fitting is even better too.
Other Key features include the stylish and weight reduced alloy stem to hold the handlebars in place, padded bmx seat for more comfort and control and even an oversized rear axle to allow you to nail those big jumps. And of course the 3 piece cranks allowing your drivechain system to outlast other bikes and stay together when hitting up the real days riding.
This is a great starting point for anyone that likes the idea of getting a bmx, because it has everything that BMX riders would expect on a top of the range full bmx bike. Ruption has been going for around 15 years now so rest assured they know what they are doing when it comes to competing against other brands and doing it the British way!
• Frame- Ruption 1020 hi ten 20.75" top tube
• Forks - Ruption 1020 hi ten
• Brake - Rear alloy u-brake
• Cables- Straight slic cable
• Brake levers- Resin and alloy combo
• Chainwheel - Ruption 25t
• Freewheel- 9t sealed driver
• Chain- Z410
• Headset- 1-1/8" ahead
• Crank- 3pc tubular 4130 chromoly
• Bottom bracket- Mid sealed bb
• Rims - 20" 36 hole alloy
• Front hub- 10mm fully sealed
• Rear hub- 14 mm 9t fully sealed cassette
• Tyres- Innova 20" x 2.25"
• Seat- New ruption combo seat
• Handlebars- Ruption steel 8" rise
• Handlebar stem- Ruption 55mm frontload stem
• Grips- Ruption fingerprint grips
If you're not completely satisfied with an item you may return it within 12 months of purchase. We'll give you a full refund if the item hasn't been used or fitted.More information on returns