• Brakes were on display in our warehouse showroom
• Item is new, unused and in excellent condition
• May show signs of handling & storage
*** Please note brakes do NOT include rotors ***
Shimano XTR Race Disc Brakes M985
Underpowered brakes lead to defensive riding technique and, ultimately, to slower lap times. Enter the new XTR Race brake, which encourages racers to attack technical downhill sections with confidence, leaving the competition squealing and squawking in the dust.
How? First off, they produce 110 percent of the power of their predecessors while shedding precious grams at the same time, so they’re as viable a race-bike pick as ever. Throw in ergonomically re-engineered lever pivots and XTR Race lays on that power with single-finger effort.
But power is pointless if it can't be maintained. Heat build-up is the enemy of any brake system, stock aluminium-backed brake pads and the industry's first full ceramic caliper piston all help dump heat and maintain consistent power.
The key factor for racers is confidence—the confidence to win, and the confidence to lay off the brakes, knowing they'll be there when they're needed, every time
With ten percent more power than the previous XTR brake, the sleek new XTR Race lever has been ergonomically redesigned for a versatile fit on the handlebars, superior feel at the fingertips and unsurpassed function on the race course. When coupled with the XTR Race lever, the new forged one-piece M985 caliper delivers a balance of light weight and power that resists performance-sapping heat better than ever before thanks to an industry-first full-ceramic piston.
Shimano XTR Race Disc Brakes M985 Lever Specification:
• Hydraulic Fluid: Shimano Mineral Oil
• Brake Hose Type: SM-BH90-SB
• Brake Lever Size : 1.5-finger
• Reach Adjuster: Yes
• Reinforced Parallel Push
• M System Brake Pad
• Brake Pad Types: metal / resin
• Cartridge Shoe Holder
• Spring Tension Adjuster
• Caliper Mount Type: International standard / Post mount
• Piston Type: Opposed 2-piston
Shimano XTR Race Disc Brakes M985 Features:
• 110% power rating
• Shorter, 13-millimeter brake lever with more efficient pivot location
• Integrated barrel reservoir design
• Hinge-clamp mounting bracket
• High-power hose for consistent performance
• Combine with i-spec bracket to reduce handlebar clutter
• Resin pad compound with alloy backing plate (standard)
• One piece forged post mount caliper
• Oversized ceramic piston
• Aluminium banjo hose fitting