Spank Spike Race 28 Bead Bite MTB Rim
Spank Industries' Spank Race 28 rim has been a long time favourite of the gravity fed, from the cliffs of Virgin, Utah, to the steeps of the World Cup.
With a trim 22.5mm inner width, the Spike Race 28 provides a more rounded profile to a tyre, reducing rolling resistance and improving manoeuvrability, for a quicker, more racy feel on track.
It features a bombproof Dynamal alloy construction paired with Spank's unique OohBah™ rim design make the SPIKE Race 28 a go to hoop for those who demand strength and stiffness in their rims.
Now equipped with Spank's revolutionary patented Bead Bite™ tubeless technology, the SPIKE Race 28 rim is a go-to option for riders that require enhanced tubeless security and world class speed and performance.
Key Technologies: Bead Bite™, OohBah™, Dynamal Alloy
- Material: MGR Dynamal Alloy
- Size: 27.5"
- Hole Count: 32H
- Inner/Outer Width: 22.5/28
- Valve: F/V Presta
- Tubeless: Tubeless ready
- Finish: Shotpeen anodised, laser logos
- ERD: 553mm (27.5")
- ETRTO: 584x22.5 (27.5")
- Discipline: Race/Freeride
- Weight: 510g (27.5")
- Beadbite: Running tubeless? No stress! At an incredible range of pressures, Bead Bite™ is the solution to keeping those tyres burp free and fixed in place. Bead Bite™ rim technology, paired with SPANK‘s patented OohBah™ profiles, enhances tubeless use with tyres of all types and with a greater range of air pressures. Bead Bite™ rims have 6 rows of tiny ridges that run along the vertical and horizontal faces of the bead seats. These tiny teeth create air seals between the rim and tyre as the bead conforms into them under air pressure. They dramatically increase frictional forces on the tyre bead, reducing the bead‘s ability to move vertically or horizontally (thus improving tyre stability and reducing burps). The bead literally becomes trapped between the vertical and horizontal ridges, even at very low air pressures. Even in tubed applications, Bead Bite™ rims tend to allow much lower air pressures with reduced risk of pinch flats
- OohBah: The unique OohBah™ profile allows Spank to manufacture thinner walled, wider profiled, lighter rims without sacrificing strength or rigidity. Wider rims mean stiffer wheels and more tyre spread, leading to greater traction and improved comfort, and tyre performance. The “wave” shape of the OohBah™ inner tube adds strength and support to the vertical rim flange walls and prevents buckling. Normal straight or curved tube wells must be much thicker, and by default heavier, to offer the same support.
Buy Spank Wheels & Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.