Tacx I-Vortex Turbo Trainer
The interactive i-Vortex has an electro brake. You can use it to train in a targeted and serious manner, even without your PC or laptop, because the i-Vortex has a handlebar computer that displays all the relevant training data at a single glance.
Slope, power output or heart rate programmes are set manually during the training session. However, you can also connect the i-Vortex to your PC or laptop and use the interactive functions such as riding in virtual worlds or films of existing cycling classics and mountain stages. The route is displayed on your screen. The trainer communicates wirelessly. The i-Vortex is supplied with the Tacx Trainer software 4, Basic. It is possible to expand your training options by upgrading to the Advanced software.
- Software PC/laptop Tacx Trainer software 4, Basic
- Operation Handlebar computer (slope, watt, heart rate)
- Resistance unit Electro
- Realistic slope 7%
- Descent simulation -
- Max brake power (10 sec.) 950 Watt
- Sprint power (1 min.) 750 Watt
- Mass inertia 11.81kg*
* Flywheel effect: the higher the value, the more realistic the cycling experience
- Electro Brake: The electro brake is suitable for an average training level. The gradient of the road is converted into resistance on the bike by creating a magnetic field. It can reliably simulate the road up to 7%. This brake does not simulate any descents. By placing magnets and electro magnets beside a rotating aluminium disc, eddy currents are created which generate an opposing magnetic field. In this way a non-contact, maintenance-free brake is realized that is also silent. Thanks to the electro brake a resistance can be set that you also experience on the road or in a climb.
- Virtual Speed: The electro brake does not have a downhill drive, such as the motor brake of the i-Genius, and it generates less power while riding uphill. When you are cycling in a virtual terrain or in a film you can get outside the range for which the brake is intended. To allow cyclists with a motor brake and cyclists with an electro brake to ride races against each other in Multiplayer, Tacx has developed the virtual speed. This concept translates the energy supplied into a certain speed, which can guarantee a fair contest. If this speed differs from the speed at which the rear wheel is running, the virtual speed will be shown on the screen in red.
- Resistance Unit: The trainer’s resistance unit provides a particular cycling experience by increasing or reducing the resistance on the rear wheel. From a 7% incline, a motor brake can simulate the cycling experience more accurately than an electro brake. The motor brake can increase the resistance above this percentage; the electro brake is limited in this respect. When climbing this incline with an electro brake, the software ensures that it takes longer to cover the same distance to enable each cyclist to burn the same amount of energy (kcals). So, the software determines the virtual speed with respect to the actual cycling speed.
Tacx Trainer Selector:
Choose your ideal trainer.
|Features||i - Vortex|
| Tacx Cycling App ||ANT+ Dongle Required |
| PC Compatible from the box ||Yes |
| Tacx Trainer software 4 ||Basic Version Supplied |
| Remote control ||Yes + Stand alone head unit |
| Flywheel ||2kg |
| Resistance unit ||Electro |
| Max Incline ||7% |
| Max Descent ||N/A |
| Max. braking power (10 sec.) ||950 Watt |
| Sprint braking power (1 min.) ||750 Watt |
| Mains power ||220V |
| Connection ||ANT+ |
| Manufacturer Code ||T2160 |
| Including ||Skyliner |
Buy Tacx Training from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.