100% pure L-Carnitine. This amino acid-like substance is naturally present in meat (particularly red meat) and has been linked by many researchers to the increased metabolism of fat.
A supplement that increases fat burning has huge implications for endurance athletes in terms of increasing aerobic power, sparing muscle glycogen and prolonging time to exhaustion.
• Available in 200g and 500g tubs • Suitable for Vegans
Please Note - Not all supplements are this pure. TORQ's RAW range provides a guarantee of purity and high potency. We use the highest quality pharmaceutical-grade, non-animal based material. We do not mix, blend or dilute.
TORQ carnitine is 100% pure L-Carnitine. This amino acid-like substance naturally present in meat (particularly red meat), but not available through vegetable sources, so supplementation with this product perhaps has particular relevance to Vegetarians and Vegans?
Research suggests* that a 1-4 gram daily dose of L-Carnitine increases the maximum use of oxygen (V02 max) and increases endurance (time to fatigue). This is all linked to L-Carnitine mobilizing more fat - making it more available as a fuel.
It seems clear that Carnitine is most effective when taken long-term. If you have an important competition that you would like to peak for, you should start taking this supplement at least 3 weeks beforehand. Some studies have even demonstrated an increase in muscle strength in endurance athletes as a result of taking Carnitine. Ed Burke* theorises that this may be due to the fact that the increased fat-burning somehow reduces the breakdown of muscle as a fuel during exercise. This further suggests that long-term consumption of Carnitine would be the best overall policy to adopt.
How To Use Torq Carnitine
• Dose: To boost endurance performance, take 2-4 grams (1 level scoop) of TORQ carnitine in divided doses on a daily basis.
• For best results, use TORQ carnitine daily in divided doses and if exercising, take one dose 30-60 minutes beforehand so that it reaches a peak in your blood plasma whilst training. For ultra-endurance events, you may benefit from adding TORQ carnitine to TORQ energy in your drinks bottle during exercise at the rate of approximately 1 gram per hour.
• Usage Instructions: For best results, pour 500ml of fruit juice into our TORQ recovery mixer bottle, add TORQ carnitine powder and shake vigorously before drinking. Consume 250ml before breakfast and the remainder before lunch.
• Other Torq Products: If you are using our TORQ energy product during an endurance competition, you may benefit by adding a ½ scoop of TORQ carnitine to every 750ml consumed. However, research indicates that the daily maintenance dose described above is the most critical for performance.
• Ingredients: L-Carnitine (100%)
*At TORQ we refer you to a few select references from very reliable authors to save you buying a vast library of books. L-Glutamine is well researched and there is plenty of further information available. For starters, try Ed Burkes book below. He also addresses D-Ribose, HMB and L-Glutamine.