From fast flowing singletrack to adrenaline fuelled gravity enduro assaults, the all new Escarpe 275 range of full sus bikes will help you dominate and conquer the trails! Re-designed and re-engineered around 27.5” (650b) wheels the all new Escarpe range combines agility with confidence inspiring handling! The range topping Escarpe 275 VRS features a high performance components package and is race ready out of the box; no limitations; no excuses!
Revised and revamped for 2014 our lightweight 6061-T6 Hydroformed multi-butted frames deliver 140mm of rear wheel travel via our Four-Bar V-Link activated suspension platform which eliminates pedal bob yet remains fully active at all times.
Our aggressive trail geometry has been revised and designed to offer impeccable handling characteristics based around 27.5” (650b) wheels. A shorter headtube reduces the stack height of 27.5” wheels to provide a more aggressive stance for improved handling and control in any situation.
We have increased the top tube length to enable freedom of movement over the front of the bike for improved handling and control when using shorter stems and wider bars.
We have added ISCG tabs should you wish to run a chainguide and all Escarpe models are Reverb Stealth ready. All pivots run on sealed cartridge bearings to provide supple performance and low maintenance. A replaceable gear hanger comes as standard.
Suspension travel is controlled by the RockShox Monarch RT air shock which offers unlimited tunability for rider preference.
RockShox Sektor Gold RL forks offer 140mm of air sprung travel to provide a perfectly balanced suspension set up. Additional features include Rebound and Low Speed Compression to Lock adjustment; a tapered alloy steerer and 15mm Maxle Lite through axle which increase front end stiffness for precise steering and tracking through rough sections of trail and rock gardens.
Shimano XT & FSA Groupset
A high performance groupset features Shimano XT shifters and derailleurs which provide flawless shifting throughout the gear range. The XT Shadow Plus clutch rear derailleur improves chain tension which reduces the chance of chain derailment.
An FSA V-Drive 2x10 chainset provides the driving force at the heart of the transmission.
Shimano SLX hydraulic disc brakes with 180mm rotors front and rear provide powerful and dependable stopping power with great modulation and lever feel.
Lightweight Easton EA70 XL 27.5” (650b) wheels offers excellent performance and durability with low rotational weight providing snappy accelerations. Continental X-King tyres provide surefooted handling and low rolling resistance.
Finishing kit is supplied by Vitus with our lightweight 6061 alloy stem, bars and seatpost providing high performance components which have been colour coded to match the frame decals.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Superdad Serious Value and Quality
Previously bikes were Specialized hard tail and stumpy full sus. Just bought this yesterday and had first blast today (bought from showroom in Belfast). Heres my vew:
- Quality build and components
- I'm 5ft 9in and 17.25 frame fits brilliantly.
- rides like much lighter bike
- Very lively on trial
- Definitely quicker than my 26in on descents and at the very least as quick at climbing which is amazing given my old bike is 2-3lb lighter.
- Gearing seems very good and 2x10 is more than enough as I tackled some fairly steep gravel and natural climbs.
- wheels feel like they just want to keep accelerating.
- 27.5 wheels are very nimble and the wide bars allow the bike to be thrown around even the tightest sections easily.
- SLX breaks are excellent.
- Suspension seems very well balanced (i am c12 stone) and forks handled everything quite easily though a little chatter when hitting very rough stuff.
- This bike wants to be a downhill bike and gives it loads on anything going downwards.
- Not as light as I hoped (but honestly not an issue for me as it raced up any hills)
- Standard tyres want to kill you on roots/lose stuff if they can. This isnt the bikes fault though and is easily fixed.
- Not that fussed on colour but it looks better in the flesh than on the website
- saddle might need changed but time will tell as only covered 15 miles today.
- Cranks and bottom bracket might not be best and again time will tell (easy fix again).
All in all this bike is seriously great value and seems fast. I am extremely impressed and very pleased with this purchase
02 March 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Trailrider43 Cracking wee bike.
Picked the Escarpe VRS to replace my 26" wheel bike, and couldn't be happier.
At first I thought that I would upgrade the forks, but after my first ride I decided that I would leave everything as is, everything just seems to work so well together.
The bike is finished off very well and has a first class paint job.
I have an inside leg measurement of 32" and went for the Medium size, which is 17.25".
27 January 2014