Vitus Bikes Escarpe 29 VRX Suspension Bike - XT 1x11
Whether you're racing Enduro, taking on an epic all day adventure or just shredding your local trails - do it all and do it faster on the Escarpe 29 VRX! Now equipped with stronger, wider Boost wheels the new Escarpe 29 VRX will take the rough with the smooth in equal measure!
Built around our 135mm travel suspension platform, the Escarpe 29 VRX comes equipped with a no compromise components package including a RockShox Pike RTC3 Boost 150mm fork and Monarch RT3 DebonAir shock, a Shimano XT 1 x 11 groupset including XT hydraulic disc brakes, Mavic XA Elite 29 Boost wheelset, RockShox Reverb Stealth dropper seatpost and a Nukeproof finishing kit to complete the package.
Long days in the saddle, trail smashing runs and personal best times are just around the corner!
Rear wheel travel is controlled via the RockShox Monarch RT air shock, which features a custom tune with rebound and two step compression adjustment.
- Frame: Hydroformed 6061-T6 Alloy Frame with Four-bar V-Link Rear Suspension, 135mm Travel
- Forks: RockShox Pike RCT3 29/27.5+ Boost Solo Air, 150mm Travel, Ø35mm Tapered Wall Aluminium Stanchions – Charger Damper, Low Friction Anodize Fast Black, External Rebound & Low Speed Compression, Tapered Aluminium Steerer, 15mm Maxle Ultimate Thru Axle
- Shock: RockShox Monarch RT3 DebonAir, 190mm x 51mm, Custom tune ML S 380
- Chainset: Shimano XT FC-M8000, 175mm, 32t
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano XT MT800 (BSA)
- Shifters: Shimano XT SL-M8000, 11-Speed
- Front Derailleur: N/A
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT RD-M8000 Shadow Plus
- Cassette: Shimano XT CE-M8000, 11t-42t, 11-Speed
- Chain: Shimano CN-HG701, 11-Speed
- Rims: Mavic XA Elite 29" Boost (tubeless ready), 29"
- Front Hub: Mavic XA Elite 29" Boost - 6 Bolt, 110mm x 15mm
- Rear Hub: Mavic XA Elite 29" Boost - 6 Bolt, 148mm x 12mm
- Spokes: Mavic XA Elite 29" Boost
- Tyres: Front - WTB Vigilante TCS, Dual DNA Compound, UST Aramid Bead, 29" x 2.3" Rear – WTB Trail Boss TCS, Dual DNA Compound, UST Aramid Bead, 29" x 2.25"
- Front Brake: Shimano XT BR-M8000 Hydraulic Disc, 180mm Rotor
- Rear Brake: Shimano XT BR-M8000 Hydraulic Disc, 180mm Rotor
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Warhead, 7075 Double Butted Alloy, 10mm Rise, 760mm Wide
- Headset: FSA Orbit 1.5 Zero Stack (NO.57), 1.1/8" – 1.5"
- Stem: Nukeproof Zero, 0 Degree Rise, 50mm Extension
- Saddle: Vitus with Crn/Ti Rails
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth, 150mm Drop, 31.6mm x 440mm (125mm Drop, 31.6 x 390mm length on Small)
- Seatclamp: Vitus QR
Weight: 13.35kg/29.43lbs (size M)
- Main pivot location - This is located in a fixed high and forward position in line with a 32T chain ring position, this gives natural anti squat/bob when pedalling in the most commonly used 1x 32T setup without relying on excessive chain tension and none of the related pedal feedback.
- Chainstay pivot location – This pivot is placed in line with the chainstay eliminating any force directed to the shock linkage causing the shock to compressing (pedal bob) due to chain tension. This pivot location also maximizes active suspension when using the rear brake similar to a floating brake design without the added weight.
- Rearward Axle path – Because of the main pivot location the Escarpe has 55mm of travel with reward axle path helping to keep your momentum.
- Leverage rate design - The leverage rate is designed to have a falling rate to sag point then go mildly progressive; this helps the bike sit comfortably in the sag position with a stable platform. The lower shock mount moves forward with the suspension, this helps to keep a linier rate (maximising active travel) without falling off at full travel. This movement also reduces the shock angle change at full travel reducing side loads and improving the reliability of the shock.
Buy Vitus Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.