Vitus Bikes Sommet CR FS Bike - Carbon SRAM X1 1x11
Enduro racing means hammering technical descents, ascending with finesse and finding your limits long before you reach the limits of the 155mm travel Vitus Sommet! When performance and reliability is top of your list, get on board the new Vitus Sommet and claim your place on the top of the podium!
The Sommet CR features a full carbon monocoque ABS constructed front triangle, 3K weave with UD finish, BB92 bottom bracket, which enables increased stiffness through maximised downtube profile & fully internal cable routing!
Add to this a high-end components package featuring RockShox Pike fork, SRAM X1 shifting, Novatec/WTB KOM wheelset, a Nukeproof cockpit and a Rockshox Reverb stealth dropper seatpost and you have a race ready bike out of the box!
Rear wheel travel is controlled via a RockShox Monarch Plus RC3 DebonAir custom tuned air rear shock.
- Frame: T700/ T800 Toray Carbon Fibre Frame With 6061-T6 Alloy Rear Triangle with Four-bar V-Link Rear Suspension, 155mm Travel
- Forks: RockShox Pike RC Solo Air, 160mm Travel, Ø35mm Tapered Wall Aluminium Stanchions – Low Friction Anodize Fast Black, External Rebound & Low Speed Compression Damping, Tapered Aluminium Steerer, 15mm Maxle Ultimate Thru Axle
- Shock: RockShox Monarch Plus RC3 DebonAir, External Rebound & 3 Position Compression Damping, 200mm x 57mm, Custom tune ML
- Chainset: RaceFace Affect SL, 170mm, 32t
- Bottom Bracket: RaceFace BB92
- Shifters: SRAM X1, 11-Speed
- Chain Guide: MRP SXG
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM X1
- Cassette: SRAM XG-1175, 10t-42t, 11-Speed
- Chain: SRAM PCX1, 11-Speed
- Rims: WTB KOM i23, 27.5"
- Front Hub: Novatec D771SB-15 - 6 Bolt, 100mm x 15mm
- Rear Hub: Novatec D772SB-X12 - 6 Bolt, XX1/142mm x 12mm
- Spokes: Stainless Steel, Double Butted
- Tyres: Front – WTB Vigilante TCS Light, High Grip compound, UST, Aramid Bead 27.5" x 2.3" – Rear – WTB Trail Boss TCS, Dual DNA compound, UST, Aramid Bead, 27.5" x 2.25"
- Front Brake: SRAM Guide R Hydraulic Disc, 180mm Rotor
- Rear Brake: SRAM Guide R Hydraulic Disc, 180mm Rotor
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Warhead, 7075 Double Butted Alloy, 20mm Rise, 760mm Wide
- Headset: FSA Orbit 1.5 Zero Stack (NO.57), 1.1/8" – 1.5"
- Stem: Nukeproof Zero, 0 Degree Rise, 35mm Extension
- Saddle: Vitus with Crn/Ti Rails
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth, 125mm Drop
- Seatclamp: Nukeproof Warhead 36.4mm
13.04kg/28.75lbs (size M)
- Main pivot location - This is located in a fixed high and forward position in line with a 32T chain ring position, this gives natural anti squat/bob when pedalling in the most commonly used 1x 32T setup without relying on excessive chain tension and none of the related pedal feedback.
- Chainstay pivot location – This pivot is placed in line with the chainstay eliminating any force directed to the shock linkage causing the shock to compressing (pedal bob) due to chain tension. This pivot location also maximizes active suspension when using the rear brake similar to a floating brake design without the added weight.
- Rearward Axle path – Because of the main pivot location the Sommet has 66mm of travel with reward axle path helping to keep your momentum.
- Leverage rate design - The leverage rate is designed to have a falling rate to sag point then go mildly progressive; this helps the bike sit comfortably in the sag position with a stable platform. The lower shock mount moves forward with the suspension, this helps to keep a linier rate without falling off at full travel. This movement also reduces the shock angle change at full travel reducing side loads and improving the reliability of the shock.
Buy Vitus Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.