ZEROD VFLEX woman's Triathlon Wetsuit
The ZEROD VANGUARD FLEX for women is the ultimate triathlon wetsuit, designed specifically for the shape of the female body.
It features a wealth of unique patent pending technologies and concepts developed by the ZEROD design team, including engineered water grip panels on the arms and legs to increase your stroke and kick efficiency. It is constructed of the highest quality neoprenes from Japan with the lower leg, arm, shoulder and lat panels made of 1.5mm Yamamoto #40. It also has a Nano SCS coating to reduce friction and drag, making the VANGUARD FLEX our most hydrodynamic and fastest suit in the water, and thanks to the innovative ‘3 Move Out System’ it’s also fast to take off!
Neoprenes used in the VANGUARD FLEX:
- Chest/Abs/Thighs: 5mm ZEROD AirTech
- Lower Legs: 3mm YAMAMOTO #40
- Arms/Shoulders/Lats: 1.5mm YAMAMOTO #40
- Back: 3mm YAMAMOTO #39
- Coating: Nano SCS
ZEROD wetsuits are designed and tested by a team of 3D product designers, wetsuit consultants, engineers and professional triathletes who understand that the pattern of a suit, the way it is cut and assembled, is just as important as the materials used in its construction. We know that using the best neoprenes is pointless if the suit is covered with ridges and seams, increasing drag and reducing elasticity.
This is why we’ve created a unique pattern for the arms and shoulders to ensure our slim, close-fitting wetsuits have maximum streamlining and flexibility, with blind stitching for the seams, leaving the outer surface completely smooth. Even our zips have a special hydrodynamic design, and with their special neoprene coatings our wetsuits ensure you encounter as little resistance as possible in the water.
ZEROD wetsuits are already worn by some of the world’s fastest triathletes but our target market is clear: all passionate athletes who dedicate time to their sport.
ZEROD VFLEX woman's Triathlon Wetsuit Materials and Technology:
Click here for a ZEROD Material and Technologies Comparison Chart (.PDF)
- The regulations of the International Triathlon Union (ITU) stipulate a wetsuit may not be thicker than 5mm, which limits buoyancy. To lift the body further out of the water, ZEROD has created the AIRTECH neoprene, featuring air cells that increase buoyancy by nearly 30%. This stabilises your position in the water, enabling more efficient swimming for greater speed, and is an aid to weaker swimmers.
- The Yamamoto #40 cell neoprene sets the highest standards of performance and is the most flexible neoprene available for triathlon wetsuits. Yamamoto #40 is especially made for the body parts that undergo the most intense movements, such as arms and shoulders.
- The Yamamoto #39 cell neoprene is extremely flexible, offers outstanding performance and is suitable for use in all panels of the wetsuit.
- The Nano SCS coating developed by Yamamoto reduces resistance, lowering the coefficient of dynamic friction to 0.025, which minimises underwater drag and improves swimming speed.
3D ENGINEERED WATER GRIP PANEL
- ZEROD has incorporated a unique 3D feature into the forearm panels to ensure maximum grip on the water. The result is a multi-?n silicon panel (3.5mm high) designed to increase the efficiency of your stroke.
MULTIPLE WATER GRIP PANELS
- Good swimmers not only use the hand and forearm as a traction surface, but also the back of their triceps. The VANGUARD is the first wetsuit on the market to offer multiple grip panels on the arms, designed to increase stroke efficiency.
WATER GRIP PANEL
- Striated neoprene panels run perpendicular to the water flow, designed to improve your grip in the water and make your stroke more efficient. This increases the surface area of the wetsuit in contact with water by 22.22% (for the same panel size).
- The 3D-engineered panel on the shins is designed to improve the efficiency of your kicks. With every downward kicking movement the ?ow of water is redirected to push you forward.
ELBOW 2 ELBOW XTEND PANEL
- ZEROD has created a revolutionary pattern with a single neoprene panel from the left elbow to the right elbow, covering the upper chest, shoulders and upper arms meaning fewer seams, reduced drag and greater flexibility.
3 MOVE OUT SYSTEM
- Thanks to the special construction of the zip, ZEROD wetsuits are very fast to get out of. You can slip off the upper part of the wetsuit in just a few seconds using only three moves.
- The low collar is designed to minimise friction against the skin, allow the neck to move freely and help prevent water from entering the wetsuit.
FAST OUT ANKLES
- To enable you to step out of your wetsuit easily the ankles are cut at an angle, and we have also inserted a triangle of flexible neoprene so that you can remove it even more quickly!
BALANCED BOUYANCY DESIGN
- Optimum buoyancy reduces the drag of your body in the water, and the flatter you are in the water, the less resistance you create. Our balanced buoyancy design encourages a ?at position in the water by providing different levels of buoyancy, depending how much buoyant force the different regions of the body require.
NEUTRAL ARM POSITION
- The pattern of the wetsuit, speci?cally the way the panels are cut and joined around the arms, is designed to ensure the least possible resistance during the arm stroke.
Buy ZEROD VFLEX woman's Triathlon Wetsuit from Chain Reaction Cycles, the world's largest online bicycle store.