Tacx Vortex Smart Trainer
The Tacx Vortex Smart Trainer offers a complete smart turbo training experience for Zwift, TrainerRoad, and many other online training platforms at an exceptional price. It incorporates the same precision speed, power, and cadence sensors of some top-end trainers, and offers unrivalled value in a robust, portable, and reliable unit. This wheel-on trainer is quick and easy to set-up and its secure lock-in mechanism keeps your bike firmly in place as you tackle your online race, surge ahead, and sprint for the line.
Realistic Resistance and Quiet Operation
With its interactive flywheel motor, it provides an impressive maximum resistance of 950 watts and realistically mirrors gradients of up to 7%, giving you a challenging and rewarding turbo training experience. Despite these capabilities, its enclosed resistance unit and dual-material 33mm roller ensures quieter operation with fewer vibrations so you can put in the miles without upsetting your loved ones or neighbours.
A Versatile Smart Trainer
Just like pro-standard smart trainers, the Tacx Vortex Smart Trainer’s comes with a complete range of inbuilt precision sensors, providing exceptional versatility and convenience. You can quickly and easily connect to the biggest online cycling apps, like Tacx Cycling, Zwift, TrainerRoad, and many others, communicating wirelessly via ANT+ and Bluetooth® technology for an immersive and convenient training experience.
Compact and Foldable
This exceptionally portable trainer can be folded, stored, and carried with the included Skyliner front wheel support, which ensures your bike remains balanced and stable. Then, when ready to roll, the trainer offers a wide footprint and stable platform to handle the most intense sessions, so you can put the power down and make significant progress.
Please Note: Includes plugs/power adaptors to suit UK, Europe, Japan, Canada and USA power outlets.
- Software: PC/laptop Tacx Cycling app
- Resistance unit: Electro
- Wireless Communication: ANT+ FE-C, Bluetooth Smart open
- Realistic slope: 7%
- Max brake power (10 sec): 950 Watt
- Sprint power (1 min): 750 Watt
- Mass inertia: 11.81kg*
- UK plug supplied
- Manufacturer Part Number: T2180
* Flywheel effect: the higher the value, the more realistic the cycling experience
- Connect To Your Device: The Tacx Vortex Smart trainer can connect wirelessly to your computer, tablet, or smartphone, allowing you to train using online platforms like Zwift, TrainerRoad, or Tacx’s own software. Analyse detailed performance data and enjoy the experience of the trainer reacting onscreen to your environment, providing more resistance on the climbs or headwinds.
- Stand-Alone Training: When the Vortex Smart isn’t connected to a smartphone, tablet or computer, it behaves as a fluid trainer. In this mode, the trainer behaves progressively: when your speed increases, the resistance increases as well. So even if you can’t get connected, you still have a viable trainer ready to go.
- Resistance Unit: The trainer’s resistance unit provides a realistic cycling experience by increasing or reducing the resistance on the rear wheel. Up to 7% inclines can be simulated on the trainer giving you the feeling and training benefits of tackling huge mountain climbs from the comfort of your own home.
- Electro Brake: The Vortex Smart works with an electro brake. By placing magnets and electro magnets beside a rotating aluminium disc, eddy currents are created which generate an opposing magnetic field. In this way a non-contact, maintenance-free brake is realized that is also silent. Thanks to the electro brake a resistance can be set that you also experience on the road or in a climb.
- Virtual Speed: The electro brake does not have a downhill drive, such as the motor brake of the i-Genius, and it generates less power while riding uphill. When you are cycling in a virtual terrain or in a film you can get outside the range for which the brake is intended. To allow cyclists with a motor brake and cyclists with an electro brake to ride races against each other in Multiplayer, Tacx has developed the virtual speed. This concept translates the energy supplied into a certain speed, which can guarantee a fair contest. If this speed differs from the speed at which the rear wheel is running, the virtual speed will be shown on the screen in red.
- Tacx Cycling App: Download the Tacx Cycling app free of charge from the App Store or Play Store. There are applications for iPads, Android tablets, iPhones and Android smartphones. You can also order and download inspirational Tacx films using a Tacx Cycling app for tablets.
Buy Tacx Training from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.