Shimano Metrea U5000 STI 11 Speed Shifter
Developed for commuting around the city, this shifter features a dual control lever, which gives you clean, sophisticated and precise braking and shifting. It features an alloy construction, which makes it incredibly tough and reliable as you clock up the miles on your city bike. Shimano has also equipped this urban shifter with an adjustable lever reach, which means that you'll benefit from its rider-tuned feel as it perfectly matches your hand size and the terrain conditions.
Navigating busy urban streets, it's important to focus on the task at hand. With SHIMANO's METREA Hydraulic Disc Brake DUAL CONTROL lever lets you do just that thanks to its clean, sophisticated style and precise braking and shifting.
- Material: Alloy
- Use: Road, Urban
- Speed: 11 speed
- Clamp Bolt Adjustment: Tooled using a 10mm spanner (sold separate)
- Optical Gear Display: No
- Control Lever Type: Dual control
- Brake Lever Type: Hydraulic disc brake
- Dual Control Lever: DCL stands for DUAL CONTROL LEVER. It has brake and shifting functions in the system and enables easy operation. Ergonomic innovation is probably more critical to the higher standard performance than the added gearing. The shift internals borrow the robustness from our MTB technology and are so smooth and effortless that one finger shifts front and rear are possible. Indeed, shifting is the ultimate act of SHIMANO TOTAL INTEGRATION, and simply has to be experienced to be understood. The DURA-ACE/ULTEGRA/105 Dual Control Lever have an optimized structure with features that include the lighter weight pivot section in the near side of the shifting unit and the integral shifting cable for lighter steering. Its many component parts are made so compact and precise to achieve unprecedented high-speed performance.
- Reach Adjust: Brake lever is equipped with a reach adjust mechanism. The distance from handlebar grip to lever can be adjusted to suit any hand size, type of riding and individual rider preferences.
- Optislick: OPTISLICK cables feature a minimal and uniform electrically coated layer that improves cable routing efficiency and provides excellent corrosion resistance.
Manufacturer Part Numbers:
- Right: STU5060R
- Left: STU5060L
A 2-year warranty is offered with all Shimano products from Chain Reaction Cycles (3 years on Dura-Ace and XTR products).
Buy Shimano Components from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.