Effetto Carogna SM Tape
Effetto started developing their Carogna (pronounced “car-own-ya”) double sided adhesive tubular tape with a clear and ambitious goal to bridge the gap between previously existing tapes and mastic in terms of gluing performance and heat-resistance, while retaining all the advantages of tapes.
In addition to this, they gave specific additional consideration to cyclocross and mountain-bike tubular tyres, where specific features are needed from the gluing standpoint.
The “SM” tape is for rims with external width between 21 and 24mm.
- Extremely easy to use.
- Very reliable adhesion, in any condition.
- Once removed, Carogna leaves the rim ready for the next gluing, without additional cleaning.
- Universal performance: Carogna has been tested and is designed to perform flawlessly on any rim material (aluminium/carbon), with any tubular (seamless, handmade, vulcanised sew-ups…), on and off-road.
- Wide temperature range: Once adhesion is set, the use at low temperatures (down to -40°C) is not a problem. Thermal resistance of all materials used in the manufacture of Carogna was a high priority: Carogna will provide a perfect bonding at 150°C for extended periods (hours), exceeding the heat-resistance of even the best mastics and widely exceeding the heat-resistance of any other tubular tape.
- Optimised adhesive surface: Adhesion is very strong and uniform across the whole circumference of the rim for all tubulars and it is also uniform across the tubular base tape. One shortcoming of tubular tape to-date has been limited adhesion at the edges of the base tape or in the centre of tubulars with a raised centre seam. Carogna solves these problems.
- Optimal use: The ideal thermal range for application of Carogna is between 21°C and 38°C, allowing 8 hours to reach 80% of the adhesive strength. Applying the tape below 10°C is not recommended. Effetto recommend cleaning surfaces using iso-propylic alcohol.
Buy Effetto Wheels & Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.