Continental Sprinter Gatorskin Tubular Bike Tyre
This Tubular Bike Tyre from Continental is made from a durable Gatorskin compound and offers a lightweight tubular construction for exceptional speed and control when on the road.
The professional riders use a similar combination in their tyres for Paris - Roubaix and other equipment destroying classics in the springtime. If you want to ‘get the miles in’, but your streets aren’t covered with the finest tarmac and you prefer the inconspicuous function of your tyres, then this is your tubular.
- Use: Road, Touring, Commuter
- Tyre Bead: Tubular
- Tyre Type: Clincher
- Compound: DuraSkin
- PSI Recommended Inflation: 115
- PSI Maximum Inflation: 170
- Casing Ply/TPI: 3/180
- Size: 28 x 22mm
- Width: 22/25c
- Weight: 300g
- DuraSkin: Tyres with DuraSkin sidewall protection have to roll with the punches. These tyres are used in the harshest conditions. On messenger bikes, on epic travel bikes crossing continents without wearing through and in professional cycling they have to endure tough tests such as Paris-Roubaix. The high-quality polyamide fabric reliably protects the casing of the tyre and protects the tyre from the worst conditions. These tyres stand out with their brown sidewalls. The slick natural rubber tread is designed to perform well in wet/wintery conditions.
- SafetySystem Breaker: The SafetySystem Breaker is made up of Kevlar-reinforced, high-strength nylon fabric. Puncture and cut-resistant but nevertheless light and flexible, the tyre adjust quickly to the surface below. Without raising the weight or rolling resistance noticeably, it protects the carcass against foreign objects and contributes to a longer lifespan of the tyre. Tyres with the SafetySystem Breaker also provide good comfort properties.
Buy Continental Wheels & Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.